Kumare

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
preeatenna

Kumare

Unread post by preeatenna »

Here is a link to a trailer of a fascinating new movie/documentary. This man shows how easy it is to fake being a cult leader and atrract a following.

http://youtu.be/8Eyjeimdeg4
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: Kumare

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Ouch..truth can be painful at times...
But best pull that rotten tooth out before all the teeth are lost...:shock:
Thanks for posting this preeatenna.. very enlightening indeed..

jai sat chit anand..maybee.. :D

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Rooster

Unread post by Rooster »

I want to laugh! Maybe it is just seeing me from my where I am coming from after all the bull! It is very true though. Thank you for sharing!
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

That's a great link. I look forward to seeing the film.

In the late 1980s James Randi built a channeler named Carlos from scratch using an actor who had no proir knowledge of channeling. This experiment was at the behest of an Australian television network. Apparently, the biggest qualification one needs to be a channeler is a good press kit!

This clip is a bit chatty at the start. The Channel 9 footage strats at about five minutes into the clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0hgP3ioAeA
preeatenna

Here is an interview with Vikram about Kumare.

http://youtu.be/B4vCvOVYyWE
preeatenna

joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

thanks for link..will see this if it gets to our area.
the conclusion is iffy: "greatest lesson any guru can teach"

no true guru would fake anything at anytime, and most devotees believe that instinctively, thus only a pathological liar will convince and fool hopeful devotees over a long period of time. actors with integrity will end the ruse in short order AND return the money. the JZs of the world have no compunction to pay back anything unless forced to...and they will take the lie to the grave.

here is something christians have contemplated for 1900 years:
You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.
John 8:44

the real lesson is in the devotee that learns to see through the fake, not in the teaching of the guru.

keep in mind, that in traditional Hindu teaching, the final, 4rth phase of the dharma is to become one's own guru after submitting to a guru, fake or real....the problem with the fake path is the harm done, and that harm can undermine the confidence needed to enter that 4rth phase.

The actor guru in the Kumare film may be doing more harm than he will admit to by fooling his ersatz devotees....just to make a film....$$$$$ :!:

in psychology, such an "experiment" is impermissible---you can get sued big time..
preeatenna

joe sz wrote:the real lesson is in the devotee that learns to see through the fake, not in the teaching of the guru.

Gotta agree with that 100%, Joe. It certainly has been an interesting learning.
Kelku

Unread post by Kelku »

the real lesson is in the devotee that learns to see through the fake, not in the teaching of the guru.
... greatly put.
I might quote you with this, Joe.
“Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.”
- Sophocles

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”