Derren Brown - Fear and Faith - Videos

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Derren Brown - Fear and Faith - Videos

Unread post by David McCarthy »

I've started a new EMF topic titled - JZ Ramtha - I Will Bring You Down! - Fear - Are You Afraid? - Debate
(EMF) Here viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2732&p=19180#p19180
I highly recommend watching Derren tackle this difficult subject.
Derren Brown: Fear and Faith Episode 2 [HD] - YouTube
In the finale of his second two-part event,
Fear and Faith, Derren Brown looks at the psychology of religious belief,
performs a satanic rite and attempts to give an atheist a religious conversion.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ust-pJC-9j8

Derren Brown - Fear and Faith
The first part of a two-part event, Fear and Faith is a fascinating view into the "Placebo Effect" and how much a human brain can effect ones neurology through the power of beleif. This show is however an episode on to itself, and really more of a documentary. This is the foundation in which Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP), co-created by Dr. Richard Bandler and Dr. John Grinder, is all about. As a side note, hypnosis or guided mental imagery is often used in a therapeutic way to help those interested in real human 'change-work'.
A huge thanks to Derren Brown for making this information available to the general public! NOTE: A Hypnotic "Snap Induction" or "Handshake Pattern Interrupt Induction" is done by Derren towards the end of this video (begins at 40:18).
Derren is EXTREMELY GOOD at this induction, and YES it does work on everyday people, NOT everyone.... Those folks whom are 'Super Suggestive' will fall into "Trance" just as shown in this show, and seem to believe they are kind of 'living a dream',
so unless you've seen this for yourself, please DO NOT disbelieve! NOTICE: The use of the Derren Brown's copyrighted Channel 4 video material is strictly used for critical analysis.
Such use is considered "Fair Use" under US Copyright law. Thank You and Enjoy!
Derren Brown ~ Fear And Faith - Pt-1 Full - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfDlfhHVvTY
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
journeythroughramthaland

Re: Derren Brown - Fear and Faith - Videos

Unread post by journeythroughramthaland »

Another very entertaining video from Derren Brown, thanks David.

One should however keep in mind (no pun intended) that first and foremost Derren is an entertainer. He uses a myriad of other methods in addition to "NLP" which in itself is quite controversial as to how the process is actually working. He is a consummate professional of influence and persuasion. In addition he has a unique and specific style in which he performs which lends itself to the medium he uses; Television.

In my opinion, there are several things he does not delve into in this episode. What I believe actually occurred in Natalie's "conversion" is that he was able to remove her innate sense of control that we all have. It is an illusionist and magicians trick that one uses to push and pull this sense of control in order to effect ones illusion or magic trick. When one loses this sense of control, ones mind searches to find it again. It is through this process that the mind manipulator suggests and leads his subject towards their goal in their routine. In addition, while he delves into some of the ways he constructed her perceptions, he did not explain the ways in which he deconstructed her perceptions.

Of course to do so would have been to reveal too much, and if he had he would have been in violation of the code of magicians which is not to reveal the secrets of ones illusions to a non magician without having them take the same oath. Also within that oath is a promise not to perform the illusion until one has mastered it to the point of being able to maintain the illusion as magic.

This is not an oath taken to preserve ones trade secrets though in effect it does that also, its primary reason is to retain the ability to provide wonder which is the end result of a magicians art.

Being a magic aficionado, I understand the historical basis for many of these technics and the controversy which has followed them over the years and continues through this day. Today, due to the many advances in brain imaging and various other technologies, perhaps one day soon we will be able to definitively understand the process. We all live through our own interpretations of illusions, however some illusions are universal simply because of the ways our brains process information.

A prime example would be the video just watched; While appearing to been a seamless moving picture and an actual representation of reality. It was simply a compilation of still images played at a certain speed in order to create the illusion of reality!

For those interested in some of the history and controversy of hypnosis, have a look at some of the links below.

https://www.hgi.org.uk/resources/delve- ... s-hypnosis

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01135810

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-proced ... c-20394405

https://time.com/5380312/is-hypnosis-real-science/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4067540/

http://www.lifeandpsychology.com/2017/0 ... t-and.html

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2016 ... c71a227c59
"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
-William Mizner
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Thank you JTR, Everyone,

When I attended RSE 1989-96, I also found it very entertaining!
Now given that I moved to the US from NZ to attend this 'school' gives you an idea of the 'passion' I had to be close to the enlightened teacher 'Ramtha' and ultimately obtain 'enlightenment' or at least some element of deep wisdom and healing..the tenants of the 'Ramtha' teaching is to 'Create Your Reality' but the actual Reality Is.. the more who you 'obey 'Ramtha' the more your grasp on reality is destroyed....
Oh..and there is 'no such thing as a victim' in Ramthaland.
Anyhoo..Attending a 'Ramtha' event was the most important and 'sacred' thing in life. Picture this...Everyone sat on the dirt floor, sometimes two thousand people cramming like sardines, the dirt floor we regarded as holy ground :oops:
'Ramtha's throne was setup on stage adorned with flowers, the is air charged with static 'pheromon anticipation, many silently praying that 'Ramtha' would appear and just perhaps notice one of us...BUT its not always guaranteed 'he' would appear, more often than not Knight would come through the doors 'flanked by Ramtha's bodyguard Glen Cunningham, a wave of disappointment would roll through the hall..and we knew we were in for some kind of bollocking and drama..but that's OK ..JZ is only human :roll:.. O'h..and the ear splitting music 'Yanni' to drown out our thoughts and trigger our behavior. Screaming and shouting..we love you Ramtha..YEaaaaa...So be it.. :oops:
For sure we were 'brainwashed' ..but it felt like enlightenment ... so warm and safe.
Cue trigger music..in marches 'Ramtha' and we're off.
During my seven years in Tibet...oops sorry RSE :-? I was 100% sure I could walk away at anytime, it took over eight years before I could even push myself away from its magnetic black hole...and even longer before I could utter a few words to speak out.
What Derren Brown so wonderfully demonstrates is how vulnerable we are as a 'society' to fall prey to these 'dark art 'magicians/ fraudsters :shock:
and learning just 'who' is pulling our strings is essential if we are to free ourselves from these puppeteer sociopaths hidden in plane sight...
Then to cut each string of the 'puppeteer' gently and progressively...is essential to survive the fallout..many don't and many are now Dead.
For anyone that has not been 'entertained' by Derren Brown..check him out...

David

Related:
The Glen Cunningham Video Interview September 1 2008 - (EMF) Online Debate Forum
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=455&p=2975#p2975
journeythroughramthaland

and learning just 'who' is pulling our strings is essential if we are to free ourselves from these puppeteer sociopaths hidden in plane sight...
Then to cut each string gently and progressively...is essential to survive the fallout..
The efficacy in methods of persuasion we have been discussing are in the subtleties that are used in the methodology. The efficiency is achieved by creating the "mark" to be the puppet-master of their own illusion. This is one of the reasons one stays and is difficult to understand by most lay people. One can look for the puppet-master, but one has become it themselves and one would never suspect it. Why should they?

The idea that there is some sort of "Svengali" power of control over someone is a myth.
-William Mizner
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Hi JTR, Thank you for the new word Svengali
journeythroughramthaland .
The idea that there is some sort of "Svengali" power of control over someone is a myth
Can you please clarify your view in regards to RSE? Thanks......
Related:
SEX CULT SVENGALI: 'Master, please brand me. It would be an honour'
“Do you think a person should be completely nude and held to the table, almost like a sacrifice?” Raniere asked one of his slave masters during a January 2017 planning session that cult leaders recorded
https://www.stonewallargusteulontimes.c ... 88985be9aa
Fears of new Waco as FBI hunt for Svengali leader of polygamy cult
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2006/ ... nnawalters
Svengali - Wikipedia
Svengali (/svɛŋˈɡɑːli/) is a fictional character in George du Maurier's 1895 novel Trilby. Svengali is a man who seduces, dominates and exploits Trilby, a young Irish girl, and makes her a famous singer.[1]
The word "svengali" has come to refer to a person who, with evil intent, dominates, manipulates and controls a creative person such as a singer or an actor.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svengali
journeythroughramthaland

Those are a couple of good examples of media facilitating myth and stereotype.

I was speaking of the over dramatization of the character in the 1931 film. If you whatch, some of his movements when walking and strutting look faintly familiar...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RpHifTLgIU
-William Mizner
David McCarthy
Site Admin

journeythroughramthaland
Those are a couple of good examples of media facilitating myth and stereotype.
Yep..a silly movie clip stereotype dramatization of an evil hypnotist controlling an innocent girl :shock:
O'h if it were only that obvious to recognize a cult leader.
The psychological mechanics of how sociopaths manipulate and control their victims is essential to understand
'reveal' their 'magic tricks' to help clean out the 'fear and faith' they use to command subservience and power.
I find Derren Browns work helpful...and dare I say it ...entertaining.. :-)
Thank for sharing JTR :idea:

Anyone?

David
journeythroughramthaland

Yes David, I agree also, when something has been shattered it can be an incredibly daunting project to get back together.

I know this from working in restoration. Often I would be brought an item and asked if I could reassemble it from the sum of its many broken parts. I can never give an estimate as to price as every piece is a one off. I can and do say in most cases that the repair will exceed the value of the piece. However, some people wish to proceed, leaving me with the task at hand.

First I stare at the pieces for a while, sometimes imagining them assembling themselves, ( good luck!), the I begin just by finding two prices the fit together and assemble them. I usually do not work more the an hour or so at a time because of the tedious nature and that appears to be my point where I begin to get frustrated. Much better to start a fresh after a break.

When I finally have a group of 2 Pieces then I see if any of them fit together. Bit by bit, I eventually get the piece together and complete the restoration to the best of my ability.

One of my conditions to proceed with the work is that I have no time constraints. This gives me the freedom to approach the project when I feel conditions are right.

My experience has shown me that attempting to do these types of repair while being frustrated is more then often a self defeating process often incurring additional damage along the way.

Helping to repair a shattered past can be similar, every person is a one off, every persons ability to tolerate frustration are at different levels. Everyone finds their own time and own techniques to move forwards. And time does have a way of miraculously assembling the prices almost seemingly by itself.
-William Mizner

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”