Joe Szimhart Cults in Occulture: Channeling - Agency and influence formation

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Joe Szimhart. sharing great insights into channeling...as old as the hills..
Agency and influence formation.
Thank you Joe, It’s always great to gain new insights from you regarding the psychology of channeling and its roots.
No doubt a personal religious/spiritual experiences can be a profound and life affirming event, perhaps even essential to help us cope with life's challenges.
The topic of how people 'attribute agency' to others while not realizing that they themselves are the actual agents is so important to understand within cult indoctrination and recovery..
This I failed to understand during my years attending the (RSE) Ramtha channeling cult. A cult leader is adept at deception, for a few perhaps a well meaning ‘self deception’ IE..’not about greed and self aggrandizement’.
However my experience attending the RSE a psychological mind-trap was set to always attribute ‘spiritual experiences ‘to the ‘Ramtha’. To unwrap this without destroying some wonderful and profound experiences is just too much for many, the show must go on regardless of the hypocrisy and harm..
The addiction to get the next 'high' also bulldozes critical thinking.
When inevitably this does not happen, you are blamed as lazy or not worthy…
never the channeler or their enlightened host.
Agency and influence formation' a great subject..Thanks again Joe

Channeling or spirit possession has ancient roots in human religious behavior going back beyond oracles in
Greece to the first shamans.
Channeling takes many forms like infusing life forces into crystals using mental power to performing on a stage before thousands of devotees as if your body is possessed by an angel. Agency and influence formation are features of most channeling cults.
Examples mentioned are Book of MormonOAHSPESeth SpeaksRamthaLazarisand Silva Mind Control Method.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfOTAqo ... e=youtu.be
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: Joe Szimhart - Cults in the Occulture.#6: Is Ramtha Real? - YouTube

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Related: Re: Joe Szimhart - Cults in the Occulture.#6: Is Ramtha Real? - YouTube
After my video on Channeling someone asked me to address Ramtha channeled by JZ Knight since 1977. I use the book Finding Enlightenment by J Gordon Melton (1997) as reference in which Melton tries to describe and explain the new Gnostic teachings of Ramtha. Melton arranged for Stanley Krippner, a parapsychologist with his team to test JZ to rule out fraud and pathology, which Melton claims they did. I argue that they did not because there was no serious peer review and no similar studies with professionals character actors to compare. To me, Ramtha is nothing writhing JZ Knight performing the character.
Cults in the Occulture.#6: Is Ramtha Real? - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Ae_Qt4cC8
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”