The Wave

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
California Dreamin'

The Wave

Unread post by California Dreamin' »

I watched the video, The Wave, for the first time yesterday. It blew me away. I had no idea what it was about prior to watching, or that it is based on a true experiment on brainwashing and control that took place in the 1960's in a California high school.

I recommend anyone who hasn't seen it yet it to watch this video. (google: Ron Jones, The Wave Video.)

I wouldn't be surprised if JZR has studied Ron Jones' techniques in depth, as she certainly incorporates many of them in her teachings.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

CA,

My understanding is that JZ paid a staff person in the inner circle a significant sum of money to obtain (purchase) a sizable book on how to control large groups via mind control. I have the details written down in notes from the person who told me this. The book was purchased by a sort-of-guru in Europe years ago.

You probably already know that prior to the school starting, JZ also took acting classes.

It wasn't just about being in cable sales !
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: The Wave

Unread post by David McCarthy »

The Wave

The Third Wave was the name given by history teacher Ron Jones to an experimental recreation of Nazi Germany which he conducted with high school students. The experiment took place at Cubberley High School in Palo Alto, California, during one week in 1969[1]. Jones, unable to explain to his students why the German citizens (particularly non-Nazis) allowed the Nazi Party to exterminate millions of Jews and other so-called 'undesirables', decided to show them instead. Jones writes that he started with simple things like classroom discipline, and managed to meld his history class into a group with a supreme sense of purpose and no small amount of cliquishness. Jones named the movement "The Third Wave," after the common wisdom that the third in a series of ocean waves is always the strongest, and claimed its members would revolutionize the world. The experiment allegedly took on a life of its own, with students from all over the school joining in

The Wave - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICng-KRxXJ8
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Ockham

Re: The Wave

Unread post by Ockham »

Watching The Wave video is a really disturbing experience. The students taken in by The Wave experiment were born in 1950, only five years after the end of the second world war, so the memories of Hitler and The Third Reich should have still been quite vivid in the public memory. The account of The Wave shows just how fragile and precious sanity is. The video is a shocking depiction of the way expert propagandists ease victims into a cult the way a frog is eased into a pot of water as flames beneath are gradually turned up. The frog gets boiled to death without ever knowing what happened.

The Wave experiment has many the same manipulation elements as the Ramtha franchise:

o mechanical repetition of allegiance words (so be it)
o special symbol (RSE's special made-up symbol for each class)
o separation from the uninitiated
o allegedly exclusive inside knowledge
o bounded choice imposed by stereotypical behaviors (Ramtha disciplines)
o suspension of individual thought and replacement with cult ethos or catch phrases
o stereotypical identity behaviors (the constant wine toasting with out stretched arm)
o berating and embarrassing of non conforming individuals in front of the group

I've challenged the ramsters I know when they spout off, "I've been told that I should....," or words to that effect, with, "So why don't you decide for yourself if you should... Try making your own decision." That usually gets a blank stare, but I think sometimes there might be a slight shred of, "Hey, maybe Ockham is right," in their brains.

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”