blindfolding in the name of god

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
joe sz

blindfolding in the name of god

Unread post by joe sz »

I was looking up info on new Sant Mat "cults" and came across this German video production re Thakar Singh, now dead but notoriously successful and 'abusive'.
see the first German produced video "blindfolding kids in the name of god":

http://vclass.mtsac.edu:930/phil/gurufile.htm

Santa Mat is a the general name for groups and gurus that sprang from the Radhasoami Satsang in India. The latter was a mid-19th Century reform movement that re-established the "guru as god" out of Sikhism. The Sikhs ended guru devotion by the 16th century by proclaiming that their sacred book, the Adi Granth, is the "guru."

What is interesting for RSE students, pro and con, is that H P Blavatsky of the Theosophical Society, grabbed most of her ideas about her fictitious "Masters" Koot Hoomi and Morya right out of Radhasoami tradition. There is evidence that HPB even met one or two Radhasoami gurus just before she "revealed" KH and M to her devotees in her 'channeled' Mahatma Letters [see A P Sinnett's book "The Mahatma Letters"].

An excellent study is by K Paul Johnson, The Masters Revealed: Madam Blavatsky and the Myth of the Great White Lodge:
http://www.amazon.com/Masters-Revealed- ... 0791420647

also see Madame Blavatsky's Baboon
http://www.icsahome.com/infoserv_bookre ... baboon.htm

So, the blindfold thing in RSE may have inadvertantly come from sant mat. Many new gurus borrowed ideas from the sant mat movement including the Rajneesh cult that also used blindfolds.
tree

Unread post by tree »

very interesting Joe.
Thanks a bunch.
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

It's possible, Joe. And, a more immediate reinforcement of the blindfold thing is that a man in the next town over from Yelm was teaching blind people to "see". He'd written a book after years and years of successfully doing what he did. JZ sent spies to his workshops. Soon after we were wearing blindfolds at the Ranch. Someone may remember the guys name. .... He caught on to JZ's 'plants' and kicked them out.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

a more immediate reinforcement of the blindfold thing is that a man in the next town over from Yelm was teaching blind people to "see".

That would make more sense that JZ just grabbed on to what this guy was doing, ie teaching remote viewing with such incredible suckcess that the whole world knows about him now... :roll:

JZ may lack the sophistication to tap Sant Mat in the way I described.[/quote]
joe sz

Lloyd Hopkins?

Unread post by joe sz »

This American native Indian never charged for his 'mind sight' classes. Hopkins died in 1994.
http://www.clspress.com/mindsightinfo.html
You can by the book cheap now for $1.94
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1884979017/?ta ... pringspres

Another Dimension60, was this the guy you meant?

If so, there is little to no evidence that his "mind sight" students were independently tested. The claim is that 3% were so exceptional they could drive a car blind-folded.

I would rate Hopkins technique as dubious....

Again, I do not deny that these exceptional senses exist in some fashion but NEVER has a technique demonstrated these powers consistently under real test conditions. The sacred rule here, if you want to believe in one, is that a human being can do nothing to force God's grace.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

:( I meant you can buy it for $7.40.. http://www.amazon.com/dp/1884979017/?ta ... pringspres

Hopkins first published in 1985
Introduction to Mind Sight and Perception Research
Lloyd Hopkins
Publisher: Mind Sight & Perception Research Center (1985)
ASIN: B0006EKBTK
99 pages
which dates it easily as a possible influence for C&E.

I can't find anything on the net on this guy--his psi-star has faded already.
ex

Unread post by ex »

the melatonin [blindfolds] and the seratonin [prosac] are major tools in jzrs BRAINWASHtechnic !!!!
Another Dimension60

Yes Joe - that's the guy. I'm pretty sure JZ sold his book - doing one those typical thought reversals - i.e. Ramtha's wisdom/knowledge came prior to and inspired the book.... I worked with a guy who went to one of the workshops, and he told me the details of the JZ spies.
Another Dimension60

ps Good work Joe!
And - I have had the experience in the tank after hours and hours and hours of being blindfolded of "seeing" people/events - Usually the fact of that wouldn't hit me 'til after I was out of the tank and realized I had a visual memory. I just figured it was a brain/chemistry thing.... i.e. not mystical or magical. Nor was it consistent enough to 'lead me through' the tank, let alone drive a car.!!
Grace Is. We can at best allow.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Joe said, "Again, I do not deny that these exceptional senses exist in some fashion but NEVER has a technique demonstrated these powers consistently under real test conditions. The sacred rule here, if you want to believe in one, is that a human being can do nothing to force God's grace."

I can agree with that, as it's been true for me. My "intuition" has happened to me through various means, when it was supposed to happen; not because I commanded it to happen.

I was asked a few months ago, to focus on an elderly gentleman to see what I "intuited" about him. I did as I was asked to (that's another story and there was NO money involved, it wasn't that sort of situation), and the two main things I came up with were his military background and a diabetic condition. I knew nothing about the woman who asked me, nor the man. Never met him physically in my life; never likely to. Both of the comments I made about him were accurate/true. He was in the military for much of his adult life and had a very strict personality, along with a fairly new diagnosis of diabetes.

I mention this because there are times when I wish I knew about something, or someone, and I don't feel that I do at all. Then, other times, like with these practical strangers (we had a mutual friend), I "saw" this man in military uniform and I just KNEW he was diabetic.

We all have the ability for intuition in our lives. If God controls what, how, when or why we "know" something, then for some folks that may be more or less frequently occurring. I can't explain it. I just know that millions of people have claimed, and books are written of anecdotal accounts of intuition and intervention by angels, in our lives. All the more reason not to give up on having a belief in God, in my opinion. JZR can't take that away from us. S/he can only taint the goodness that it really is, for those who are hurt by RSE and don't recover. My two cents.

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”