Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work

Unread post by David McCarthy »

plenty of used copies to be found on Amazon.com for about $8.00.

I plan to catch up with some reading during the holidays. The Sociopath Next Door: and Snakes in Suits
books are already loaded by Santa s elves.

One thing I have noticed in the Yelm /RSE community is how very few people understand the meaning of the word sociopath,
myself included... until I dared take a peek behind Judiths mask and did some research.
In my ignorance, I thought that the word psychopath and sociopath had the same meaning..
more to do with an Alfred Hitchcock movie character or mass murderers, than fraudulent "spiritual teachers"
and a so called 'School of Enlightenment" corporation.
Its near impossible for most people to envision that anyone is a sociopath, let alone a trusted so called "spiritual teacher"
this is what Judith now calls herself.
Do I believe JZ Knight is a sociopath?
Yes, absolutely.
Dr Martha Stout, in her book The Sociopath Next Door explains it very well with this comment:
Since everyone simply assumes that conscience is universal among human beings, hiding the fact that you are conscience-free is nearly effortless. You are not held back from any of your desires by guilt or shame, and you are never confronted by others for your cold-bloodedness. The ice water in your veins is so bizarre, so completely outside of their personal experience that they seldom even guess at your condition.
David.

What is the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath? It depends who you ask.
Sociopath and psychopath
Terms for the same character disorder
The terms "sociopath" and "psychopath" describe pretty much the same personality disorder?people who feel no emotional connections to others and have zero regard for the rules and regulations of society.
Mental health professionals disagree about which term to use?which, unfortunately, only confuses the public.
? Some people consider a "psychopath" to be an extreme form of "sociopath."
? Some people say "psychopath" describes personality traits and "sociopath" describes behavior.
? Some people use the terms depending on how a person is diagnosed. If psychiatric standards are used, the person is a "sociopath." If Dr. Robert Hare's Psychopathy Checklist is used, the person is a "psychopath."
? Some researchers think of a sociopath as someone who is socialized in an antisocial subculture, such as a gang.
? Some people see this as a nature vs. nurture issue?"psychopaths" are born, "sociopaths" develop because of parenting and environmental issues.
In short, naming the disorder is a mess.
Lovefraud has chosen to use the term "sociopath" to describe this personality disorder. Why? The word "psychopath" sounds similar to the words "psychotic" and "psycho," which most people associate with someone who is mentally ill. Lovefraud wants you to understand that these people are not crazy.
Plus, when most people think of a "psychopath," they think of a serial killer. Although some people with this disorder are killers, the vast majority are not.
Another term, "antisocial personality disorder (ASP)," is similar. This is the term used in the American Psychiatric Association's Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fourth Edition (DSM-IV). According to DSM-IV as presented by BehaveNet?, a person can be diagnosed as antisocial if since age 15 he or she has shown a pervasive pattern of disregard for, and violation of, the rights of others. The person must have indicated at least three of the following:
? Failure to conform to lawful social norms
? Deceitfulness
? Impulsivity or failure to plan ahead
? Irritability and aggressiveness, as indicted by repeated physical fights or assaults
? Reckless disregard for safety of self or others
? Consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations
? Lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent about having hurt, mistreated or stolen from another
Dr. Robert Hare, who prefers to use the term "psychopath," says antisocial personality disorder refers to a cluster of criminal and antisocial behaviors, whereas psychopathy encompass both personality traits and socially deviant behaviors. According to his standards, all psychopaths would also be diagnosed has having antisocial personality disorder, but not everyone with antisocial personality disorder is a psychopath.
Estimates of the disorder's prevalence vary:
? Medical experts estimate that 3% of men and 1% of women have ASP. In the United States, that would add up 4.5 million men and 1.5 million women. Dr. Hare estimates at 1% of the American population are psychopaths, which would be about 3 million people.
? In The Sociopath Next Door, Dr. Martha Stout says 4% of the population are sociopaths, which would be 12 million people.
Regardless of which term you use, what is important is recognizing the symptoms.

Lovefraud.com > Psychopath or sociopath?

http://www.lovefraud.com/01_whatsaSocio ... opath.html

Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work: Paul Babiak
Paul Babiak, Robert D. Hare: Books

Editorial Reviews
From Publishers Weekly
Psychopaths are described as incapable of empathy, guilt, or loyalty to anyone but themselves; still, spotting a psychopath isn't easy. Babiak, an industrial and organizational psychologist, and Hare (Without Conscience), creator of the standard tool for diagnosing psychopathology, present a study of the psychopath in the corporate landscape. A common description of psychopathology states that subjects "know the words but not the music;" Babiak and Hare state that "a clever psychopath can present such a well-rounded picture of a perfect job candidate that even seasoned interviewers" can be fooled. In between a disposable series of narrative acts that follow a psychopath's progress ("Act I, Scene I - Grand Entrance;" "Act III, Scene II - An Honest Mistake?" "Act V, Scene I - Circle the wagons"), thorough research and anecdotes from a number of sources-current literature, news media, and showbiz among them-to illuminate the power of the psychopath to manipulate those around him, as well as what strategies can be used to identify and disarm him. Clear and complete, this is a handy overview for managers and HR, with enough "self-defense" techniques to help coworkers from getting bit.
Copyright ? Reed Business Information, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.

From Booklist
Babiak, an industrial and organizational psychologist, and Hare, the creator of the standard tool for diagnosing psychopathy, explore the infiltration into today's corporations by psychopaths, or those with destructive personality characteristics that are invisible to many with whom they interact. Their skilled manipulation begins with a perfect interview, as they are attractive job applicants who are confident and charming. They often flourish in fast-paced, changing industries with widespread uncertainty and can inflict considerable damage. Babiak and Hare explain in nontechnical language and real-world case studies how to protect employees and the company from these individuals who take advantage of organizational systems and processes, exploit communication weaknesses, and promote interpersonal conflicts. Babiak and Hare observe, "Companies accelerate their hiring practices to attract, hire, and retain new, high-potential talent before their competitors do. Gone are the days of the painstaking vetting process. Competition is fierce and qualified candidates few." This is an important perspective in the increasingly complicated hiring challenges facing corporate America. Mary Whaley
Copyright ? American Library Association. All rights reserved

Amazon.com: Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work: Paul Babiak, Robert D. Hare: Books

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006083 ... e=&seller=
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Great article and links, David. I remember one of my profs in college using her brother as an example of a sociopath. At just 15 yrs. of age, he looked much older. He was quite charming, and could talk himself into and out of anything - to those who didn't know him. In fact, he was so suave at this age, that when his parents were on vacation, he contacted a realtor and was so charming and convincing - he convinced the agent to list the house for sale! They have NO conscience at all, and can look you directly in the eye, telling bold-face lies so convincingly that in addition to believing them, many find them quite charming! I have a distant relative who IS a sociopath, and thank all that is, has never committed any crimes. However, he somehow manages to purchase vehicles and is allowed to drive them off the lot - same day - and his credit is horrible. He's a very good "worker," can do just about anything in the manner of construction, and has done work for us, and of course, we paid him. However, even his own mom, who knows he lies, believed him when he told her (untruthfully) that we hadn't paid him. We did. In cash. He also managed to get into his father's gun collection and sell all of them. He is very likeable in person, and quite good-looking. He seems to have a good heart, and will do many, many things to help people. But. Read the above again.

We should all be tossing our worn-out shoes over jzrk's big bad fence! Oh my. Shoe wars!
8) 8) 8)
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

I should correct myself. My relative has committed "crimes" as above, selling his father's guns. Family doesn't tell authorities in that case. Someone else would.
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

G2G,

Thanks for elucidating this thread..
?elucidating ? I like that word,..? I had to look it up..
Chuckle?
I?ve been thinking about what other sociopaths who have crossed my path.
Guru Maharaji was one, he fronted an organization called (DLM) Divine Light Mission.
Proclaiming himself 'The Lord of the Universe", the reincarnation of Krishna no less.
An all powerful, all seeing, omnipotent teacher to the faithful disciple ..blahdi blah....
Yet.. on closer inspection, another trust bandit, using the same techniques as Judith, endless hours of mind numbing dialogues and disciplines, to seduce and numb the minds into blind faith and obedience.
But behind his Krishna fa?ade? another greedy sociopath, playing God with people?s lives.

Perhaps..
A world registry of "spiritual sociopaths", would help keep these monsters off the streets.

David.
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

""Guru Maharaji was one, he fronted an organization called (DLM) Divine Light Mission.
Proclaiming himself 'The Lord of the Universe", the reincarnation of Krishna no less.""

:) Shri Krishna? So both he and jzrk, in essence, are the same God of the Hindu trinity, "Vishnu," the part of "God" which incarnates on earth!
Nothing new under the sun. Or above it.

Finally received my copy of the 1982 TV show, "The Phoenix."
Very interesting "shining triad" - and this character was an "ancient astronaut" who was human and could heal himself, could maintain focus and cause something to occur, had psychic powers, and in some scenes, where just his (gorgeous) blue eyes are shown, it looks like jzrk with makeup!) Sounds so familiar. Hmmmm. Bet she had a thing for this guy!
Here's a link to the YouTube opening, where you can see the sign of the triad.....or at least the shimmering triad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SASkqWyn40
tree

Unread post by tree »

so new agey.
pretty funny, in hindsight :roll:

even gave her ideas from the Iaut Apleph/ Sun Moon

sitting in the triad

the triad itself

"with a gift for mankind" lol
"he has awakened with fully endowed powers of the human mind"

sounds exciting if one has never been to RSE ROFL!
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

Oh, he levitates, too. There's more, but I'd have to watch the episodes again. There is a pilot, and the series just lasted a month, back in 1982. Wonder when Judith came up with her triad "ideas" and "fully developed mind" teachings. When did she first really go public with her, uh, "stuff?" Would be interesting to see what, if anything, she knew or had about Judson Scott, the actor portraying this ancient astronaut, looking for his partner, Mira, who had not yet been awakened.

I throw my shoes at her "copyrights." :wink: :wink: :wink:
(think there might be a "shoe" emoticon in the future? I knew it's a huge insult in the mideast/eastern world. One does not ever place their feet upon another's head, when lounging, either. All part of the culture, from which jzrk appears to have so richly incorporated into her make-believe life.

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”