Judgement of Human Projection

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
Compassion

Judgement of Human Projection

Unread post by Compassion »

If you haven't seen a tear on your cheek today from soul goodness. Here it Is!

Susan Boyle - Britains Got Talent 2009 Episode 1 - Saturday 11th April

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxPZh4AnWyk

Today Is A Good Day!

Compassion
sara

Unread post by sara »

Just saw this yesterday! and it made me want to cry with sheer joy - her confidence in the face of prejudice, and the way in which the undeniable power and beauty of her voice shocked and stunned the judges and the whole audience. Thank you for posting it.

Sara
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

Thank you Compassion for all your little sharings.... Even if no one responds directly it doesn't mean it's not appreciated.
I saw the Susan Boyle youtube via an email someone sent to my office. ... ... I suspect there was some NLP going on which triggered tears within a milisecond of the first note sung... :lol: truly awesome moment.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

Oh, yeah ! Susan Boyle rocks !!! We all watched her here. She's just getting started !!
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

I don't know about NLP, but some do tend to judge others by appearance. Did anyone notice the looks exchanged between audience members when Susan walked onto the stage? There is beauty within all of us. Eyes were opened, yes, perhaps it might not be best to judge a book by its cover. I have met such beautiful, giving people in my lifetime-a beauty which flows from within and which they exude. Their outward appearance might turn off some, but taking the time to see what the essence living within, or gifts each of us possess, is something perhaps some in this world believe they've overcome. Yet we are surprised to learn we've done it yet again.

It's not only Susan Boyle, but look at those who are labeled "terrorist" and hated simply because they are from the mideast. How many have had the opportunity to sit down with those of the muslim faith and hear their experience with their holy book? For I've known those who revel in the peace, and feel no need to pray five times a day to a God or essence which they feel is everywhere. That's simply control a la religion, again, as can be said about so many religions.

We just spent a weekend with family and friends of mixed faith or only a belief of "God" being everywhere. Some were from the eastern world and an older woman practiced yoga. The breathing I learned from her was absolutely nothing akin to JZ or anything else I'd learned. It was to be slow and peaceful, to simply breathe and relax, no huffing and puffing. No envisioning of anything traveling up and down through "chakras" or anything. The few positions were simply stretching (which made my back feel great!), and had nothing to do with anything spiritual, but only to relax the mind and body. There was no music, no chanting, no hyperventilation, nothing of the sort. It was simply a very short exercise to still the mind and stretch the body, just a bit, whenever one found time to do it. There is no set schedule, there are no mantras. It would seem that yoga has been "corrupted" as well. Of course, it's another way to make $$$. The woman who spent this time with me is a good friend, much older than I, and was born in India and learned these very basic techniques not as a way to "enlightenment," but as a way to keep the body and mind feeling relaxed and nothing more. Nothing more at all. Just my $.02 for what it's worth.
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

the NLP comment was just (obviously a bad) joke -- I cried instantly because I cried instantly in the presence of something so stunningly surprising and beautiful and heart touching -- even when she said before coming on stage she would make the audience rock! Whether or not the whole thing was staged - true Beauty is true Beauty - that can't be faked.
We are all at fault at 'judging a book by its cover' - good points G2 -100 cents/sense worth! -- And in the case of jz - perhaps we did it in reverse - saw something externally beautiful and believed that the beauty was also within.
Whatchamacallit

Unread post by Whatchamacallit »

I would agree that we have all been guilty of judging a book by its cover, plenty of times in our lives. Susan Boyle is a fantastic person to teach many a lesson along that line. Yes, as G2G mentioned, the critical view from those watching her, in the audience and even the snarky attitudes oozing from the judges faces, was blatant. I think the upside of it, is how fast the turnaround was. People laughed at themselves, smiled, rapidly stood up in a standing ovation...as they melted away their conditioned response of mockery toward someone who wasn't fashion model gaahhhwgeous, and who dared to think, speak and do what she said she was going to do; rock the audience !

How is it any different from...

* people who have not been in cults who JUDGE those who have been ?

* people who are "different" because of their parenting style

* or different because of their financial status in life

* or different because of race...

* religion (or lack thereof)

* political preferences

* gender preferences (homosexuality)

* educational achievements (or lack thereof)

* choices about circumcision, vaccination, educational options, birthing options, breast vs. formula feeding choices, work-at-home versus stay-at-home-mom/dad, etc., etc...

When people do not fall into the MODE (average), for any of these categories, is when those in the majority will start asserting pressure to conform. How that manifests itself in our society, or in other societies is another conversation, but I've made my point.

Susan Boyle is a wake-up call to all of us. She IS humble and we ARE humbled by her. Woohoo. Good for her; good for us.

:lol:

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”