..Supernormal powers..

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
Compassion

..Supernormal powers..

Unread post by Compassion »

This is a paragraph from, Transpersonal Development, Roberto Assagiolo, M.D.
'Supernormal powers, on the other hand, develop spontaneously without any contrivance in those whose spiritual consciousness is being raised and who are discovering the Centre of their being. In this case the powers are given naturally, as a bonus, to those who have gained control over their lower nature, when there is a guarantee that they will use such powers for good.'

WOW! RSE, where is the 'for good'?

Compassioon
Today Is A Good Day!
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

nice quote but be careful with using Assagioli as a reference. he was a disiple of and promoted Alice A Bailey channeled material. AAB started an offshoot Great White Brotherhood movement [Arcane School & New Group of World Servers] in early 1920s after joining and teaching at the Theosophical Society in california.
For one rather odd source:
http://www.almankoff.com/psyn.shtml
Compassion

a quote

Unread post by Compassion »

joe sz wrote:nice quote but be careful with using Assagioli as a reference. he was a disiple of and promoted Alice A Bailey channeled material. AAB started an offshoot Great White Brotherhood movement [Arcane School & New Group of World Servers] in early 1920s after joining and teaching at the Theosophical Society in california.
For one rather odd source:
http://www.almankoff.com/psyn.shtml

joe sz
Thank You for commenting. I appreciate. It was just a quote - not an addictive, judgment reference.

Compassion
Today Is A Good Day!
Another Dimension60

Unread post by Another Dimension60 »

another example of a 'valid'/helpful point from a not so (ultimately) valid/helpful source.
Nevertheless, this concept of "powers"/sidhis coming as a result of spiritual development/unfoldment/attunement is articulated in most valid Spiritual Traditions, and from what I consider valid sources.
Just recently I heard a professor of Buddhim (Thurston??? - can't remember his name in this moment) who spent years in a Buddhist monastery - say that his 'teacher' would purposely interrupt him when he was in a euphoric state -- because being in Divine/Sacred Bliss isn't the point of being here.
I've heard stories of Catholic mystics being reprimanded by their Superior to cease and desist allowing their special abilities such as levitation, of persistent visions.
In my opinion, jz has its backwards. You'd think an ascended enlightened all wise knowing intelligence such as ramtha would also know better.

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”