ramthas people live in la la land

Got something fun to share? post it here..we sure need it :-)
ex

ramthas people live in la la land

Unread post by ex »

A.Word.A.Day
with Anu Garg

la-la land

PRONUNCIATION:
(la-la land)

MEANING:
noun:
1. A place or a state of being out of touch with reality.
2. A place known for frivolous activities.

ETYMOLOGY:
Finally, a fictional land that is named after a real place. The term la-la land is coined from the initials of the city of Los Angeles, home of Hollywood, alluding to the fictitious nature of the movies, sets, etc.

USAGE:
"Stockwell Day is in the la-la land of Republicans, who for decades whipped up (white) fear of (black) crime and kept building prisons across America until there was no more money to build."
Haroon Siddiqui; Harper's Ottawa Becomes Republican La-la Land; The Toronto Star (Canada); Aug 8, 2010.
Robair

Re: ramthas people live in la la land

Unread post by Robair »

Hey Ex
I guess if you think along those lines ,Washington DC would be the La La Land of the Democrats since Obama move there.
I Value Things Not For What They Worth But For What They Represent
WofthesunEofthemoon

Re: ramthas people live in la la land

Unread post by WofthesunEofthemoon »

Well, I can't comment on the political position in the USA, but I am prepared to offer a very irreverant addition to the etymological definition of 'La-la-land'. I had an idea that it was a place where everyone sang 'La-di-la-di-la, Happy as can be' whilst burying their heads in the sand with their hands over their ears! :roll:

Other versions of this country are: "Never-Never Land", and "Cloud-Cookoo Land". Spent many years living there!! So I!m very glad to be home again!!

Return to “LAUGHTER: A HEALTHY PART OF MOVING ON”