the fate of people who joined RSE as teenagers

This forum page is specific to the CHILDREN involved with RSE.
For the most defenseless and innocent in RSE you have a voice here.
This forum is open for discussion and exchange of views.
bromia

the fate of people who joined RSE as teenagers

Unread post by bromia »

Hey, wow, I tend to be more of an "observer" (ha ha) on this site but something on this page has come up a few times that I would like to address--namely, the fate of people who joined RSE as teenagers or who grew up in the school in the '90s. I attended my first event at 15 (1997). My dad was already out of the school at the time but I read the white book and I was interested. I paid for my own first beginning weekend, and for all my events (though I did get discounts and JZ would grant some of my events for free). Point being, nobody made me go. I attended on and off until I was 23, then I moved out of state for grad school and haven't been since. Anyway, I'd just like to chime in and say that my "generation" of RSE teenage attenders are not all alcoholics building UGs or whatever. Being a ramster affected all of us in different ways. Most of the kids in my peer group are no longer in the school. They have reached varying degrees of success in life, and some have not really done much. But I suspect that this has more to do with growing up in Yelm, Washington than it does with attending RSE.

This is not a defense of RSE/JZ, but rather a defense of the people (my old friends) who grew up in the school. We did what we could. We are not all losers.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: the fate of people who joined RSE as teenagers

Unread post by David McCarthy »

We are not all losers.
No you are not bromia...I am sure none on EMF have suggested otherwise.
I am very glad to hear you made it out of RSE and its trappings.
However there are countless children and teenagers who have suffered immensely because their parents moving to Yelm
from all around the world to attend RSE.
Those precious years for countless families torn apart directly because of RSE cannot be undone.
And this is a very real and ongoing concern that I am hope you can appreciate.
No matter how many free events JZK gifted anyone!

Welcome to EMF bromia .

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
bromia

Unread post by bromia »

Hi David! I know you :) I remember meeting you when I was a little girl! You are an amazing flute player, right? My dad is Michael A----. Moderator Edit- Remember him? Anyway, the original thread I was replying to with this particular post did contain a couple of comments about alcoholic kids who grew up in RSE and have life of building UGs (or something like that). That's what I was responding to, to say... Not all of us! We're resilient...at least, some of us. Then again, I am writing this from Australia and haven't been to an event in, I don't know, 10 years. Maybe I'm an outlier, but I thought I would put my experience out here :)
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Hi bromia,
Australia..great..How about a trip across the tass and meet the family?...perhaps I will dust off my flute for you.. :D
Yes I remember your Dad, please pass on my best regards.
I was replying to with this particular post did contain a couple of comments about alcoholic kids who grew up in RSE and have life of building UGs (or something like that).
OK Thank you for clarifying.
If you can share what lasting effects 'positive or negative' you think RSE directly affected your life and your families life?
I understand this can be a very personal thing to share.... so please…
Just only if you would like to share your story with us on EMF.
David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
bromia

Unread post by bromia »

Hi David! I'd love to. Maybe I'll make a trip to NZ next year. I'm in Sydney, so relatively close (compared to the rest of the world!) I'm glad to hear that you're back on your home turf. I'll also think about something to post. I don't think I have anything too dramatic or interesting...I came to the school, eventually lost interest (or rather, realized I had the choice to go to grad school or live in WA forever) and I moved on. But I'll think about it a bit more and post something later. I have been emailing with Dad and he is definitely coming to the site to check it out and maybe post as well. Though he is like me, he left when the leaving was good (so to speak) so doesn't have an exit story like some of those posted here. Most importantly, he left years before the wine ceremonies and truth teachings began. He does certainly have his own interpretation and views, and if you know dad you can expect him to raise all sorts of interesting issues. Pretty sure he plans on posting under his real name so keep a lookout. :)
tickle

Unread post by tickle »

Hello Bromia,
I have read a few of your posts and I want to thank you for posting as I am enjoying your 'even' posts.
One other thing that you were fortunate with was, in being a teenager, you weren't subject to the financial loss that the adults experienced. You were protected from the scams, the loss of a decade(s) of loss income and the financial burden of building an UG and stock piling food.

You also had no children so didn't suffer family break-ups and you were/are young which meant that you weren't tempted to let you health suffer with the BB teachings.

You did it the best way, get in early and get out quick and B4 the wine flowed. As you pointed out in another thread, you didn't commit your life to it. Well done. Thanks for sharing.

Return to “For Children who have moved on from RSE”