Books, & Notes

Open for discussion and exchange of views.
See&E

Books, & Notes

Unread post by See&E »

Any suggestions on what one might do to free themselves of Decades (with a capitol D and ending the plural) of all manner of Books, Audio, VHS tape, booklets, materials from various authors, teachings, correspondences, notes, on the nearly lifelong journey to enlightenment?

I recall a scene in the remake of The Razors Edge, in which, B. Pitt goes up to the upper holy mountain and uses his book for heat/survival, returning enLIGHTENED in more ways than one.

Similarly, on the penultimate weekend before the end of winter, and proclaimed beginning of Spring in our hemisphere, I awoke with a purge and simplify state of mind, today. At one time, both consciously and subconsciously, must have been preparing for a personal library in all things spiritual, mystical, occult, new age, and otherwise books on teaching one to become an enlightened man or woman. How to know and master the reasons for our existence, our purpose. You know, the deep questions of life. (smile).

A first thought was to have an old fashioned garage/book sale... there must literally be hundreds of books, tapes, courses, audios, videos, (well, you get the idea). From everything from self-help, pop-psychology, classic psychology, inspirational authors, metaphysical classics, and then... the plethora of sacred/secret teachings released for a price from at least 4 different 'groups'.

But then, do I really want to repeat or continue the spark or cycle that may have influenced me in my youth down such an expensive road? (Now I know why they say that road is paved with gold!!! Just didn't realize it was my own gold that would have paved it).

I thought of donating it to spiritualist, new=age bookstores, but again, at this point, knowing how the stories always end (Spoiler! Beware!) the leaders and organizations evolve in the same way, and in the end, leave behind no avatars, disciples, masters, or sovereign beings. Alas, in even greater time, the leaders themselves eventually exhaust their wealth, and demonstrate their common humanity, unable to prevent them from illness, disease, or mortality, along with the rest of us. So, I thought, perhaps not.

Then, I thought of burying them somewhere.... but why?
The simple act of just putting them out in a landfill, or secretly transporting them a few at a time, week after week with the garbage seems too much like "The Great Escape" in dispersing the underground soil on the stalag grounds during exercise period....

So, against the extreme sacriledge to a book afficianado, the only other logical recourse came to mind. Think Fahrenheit 451... or the Spanish inquisition of the Aztec/Toltec/Mayan civilizations. Hard to imagine after years of moving them from apartments to homes to ranches to homes. Yet, the clarity this morning is inspiring. Purge and Simplify.

If it does not, in the end, have anything more than sci-fi, fiction, fantasy, surrealism, recycled stories, myths, re-worked/re-credited authority to speak for the unseen and unknowing, then, what does it provide except possible insulation in the extreme temperature diversions of the winter and summer. It might serve as emergency fuel to burn if the cataclysms ever happen... cough cough. But, the legacy I once might have wanted to pass along to friends, scholars, seems to have faded into the past, and now represents a fact that will require nearly as much effort shed, as the equal number of pounds in weight, per the number of years I've amassed such a collection. Certainly moving, carrying them around will contribute to the physical body spring conditioning!

I can't imagine, in the cyber age, any purpose to having a bookstore or library of these various authors, and gone-defunct authorities of the hour on all manners of the unexplained and unknown physical, astronomic, and metaphysical universe....

Perhaps a Rite of Passage, a final assay or sacred teaching... the purification of the body, mind, emotion, (Spirit/Soul), and alchemically transform them and return their quantum physics, basic building blocks of all matter, back to the void, to the all knowing, or to send on to those in other dimensions, star systems, or time warps to enjoy...

See&E :)

Return to “Tips, Links and Book Reviews”