master connection pseudo-science

This is a thread to debate the pseudoscience that RSE promotes, versus the science of our current day.
joe sz

master connection pseudo-science

Unread post by joe sz »

I glanced at this site again
http://www.mastersconnection.com/
for the h of it

the equivocation inherent in RSE abuse of science facts is remarkable

eg, this site posts realm new breakthroughs in science like
Using data from the VISTA infrared survey telescope at the European Southern Observatory's Paranal Observatory, an international team of astronomers has discovered 96 new open star clusters hidden by the dust in the Milky Way. These tiny and faint objects were invisible to previous surveys, but they could not escape the sensitive infrared detectors of the world's largest survey telescope, which can peer through the dust. This is the first time so many faint and small clusters have been found at once
then post something childish like
I am blown away by what I didn't know about essential oils. For example, I didn't know that 2 drops of peppermint oil can bring a baby's temperature down in 15 minutes. Lavender and Melaleuca oils can cure an ear infection in 1 day for only 64 cents versus a trip to the doctor for prescription antibiotics that take a week to do their job. How is it possible that I didn't know essential oils not only are antibiotic, but they are also anti-viral? When the doctor says, tells me my flu symptoms are viral and there is nothing he can prescribe, I wonder how is it possible he doesn't know about the anti-.....
essential oils are "powerful" because they are immersed in liquid aspiriin, which is why someone's fever will be reduced by a drop or two---NOTHING to do with the peppermint as such. My daughter when she was 2 or 3 was with a baby sitter my ex-wife hired. The BS was a new agey lady who kept essential oils around and let the kids she had sniff them one day..she left them on a counter, my daughter snuck back into the room and drank a vile just before her mom went to pick her up. They called an ER and the nurse at the ER said not to worry, it is just "aspirin." a half hr later her mom dropped her off at my place because it was my turn to take her for the weekend. Her cheeks looked very red and she threw up. I called a doc I knew who said get her to an ER immediately....her stomach was pumped....
There was enough "aspirin" in that small vile to cause brain damage and kill someone due to internal hemmorage or extreme dilation of blood vessels.
I was one scared and pissed off father. Luckily she came out of it without brain damage. Back then 1981 the viles were not marked as "poison" or as aspirin. I do not kow if they are now...

http://www.experience-essential-oils.co ... l-oil.html
Did you know that Wintergreen Essential Oil contains 85-99% of methyl salicylate, the same component of aspirin? Yes, thirty ml (about an ounce) of wintergreen oil is equivalent to about 171 adult aspirin tablets or about 60 grams of aspirin.
joe sz

Re: master connection pseudo-science

Unread post by joe sz »

oops...meant "vial" not vile :oops:

still :-x at that stuff after all these years :!:
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

Children are not supposed to be given any salicylic acid (aspirin) because of the risk of Reyes syndrome:
"Reyes Syndrome, a deadly disease, strikes swiftly and can attack any child, teen, or adult without warning. All body organs are affected, with the liver and brain suffering most seriously. While the cause and cure remain unknown, research has established a link between Reye's Syndrome and the use of aspirin and other salicylate containing medications, over the counter products, and topical use products."
Also, essential oils do not contain aspirin, rather, aspirin contains them - Salycilic acid is a processed plant hormone, a synthesized form of phenylaniline. And they are not meant to be ingested, in any event.
I am glad that your daughter suffered no lasting effects. Usually, vials of essential oils bear a poison warning. That babysitter should be cautioned.
Also, that first quote - I don't see what's wrong with it?
I have viewed Masters Connection in the past - it never bothered me, but then, any issue I may have is with the school, not the students/Masters.
ex

Unread post by ex »

thats allways intresting how the ramster community swings from waiting for catastrophic worldchanging events to exchange garden and house hold tips.
[quote]Whatever does not kill a plant may actually make it stronger. After being partially eaten by grazing animals, for example, some plants grow bigger and faster and reproduce more successfully than they otherwise would. In a new study, researchers report that one secret to these plants' post-traumatic triumph lies in their ability to duplicate their chromosomes -- again and again -- without undergoing cell division.[/quote]
ramthas nature observation. jzs justifing her taktics using students?:
[quote]"We make our Holy Spirit strong by providing challenges and lacks that it may be bountiful and triumphant in. And the challenge is not what you can receive but what you can create." -Ramtha[/quote]
jz is so blunt she even tells her students in plain sight her intends nice packaged: [my reading] we get your money. some of you might get more successful earning it. the challenge is not what you get out of the school its what with how much $$$ you can come up. sorry for going off topic.
ex

Unread post by ex »

thats a good one too. girl you r too late the simpsons eh sorry jz already did it:
[quote]Some people want to help the community by building a youth center, creating a wildlife reserve, or housing the poor. I want to do much more than that. If I could change any one thing to benefit my environment, I would orchestrate the addition of a Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry into our community.[/quote]

the first article is the justification to show how advanced mc is. than you spread some abstruse other stuff. does the'save the trip to the doctor' sentence not pop out? i bet there is a master selling aromatic oils.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

The Masters Addiction

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Thank you for your post Joe. :idea:

Lost in Space posted....
I have viewed Masters Connection in the past - it never bothered me
At first glance the Masters Connection does seems rather innocent but anything that is used as a “Ramtha” delivery device' bothers me deeply.
I view the The Masters Connection" much like a straw is used by heroin addicts.
Just try asking the new editor... How come the last two owners of The Masters Connection" and dedicated RSE students died of cancer?
Or... ask him why he or "Ramtha" or any RSE students cannot cure his mother of cancer…? :sad:
Yes...
the RSE "Masters Connection" online publication on one hand does reach out to help fellow RSE students..
while with the other hand... drags them even deeper into the RSE mire and madness.

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Lost in Space

I don't see it quite that way.
If I had to pick a silver lining attaching to the cloud that is membership in RSE, it would be the sharing of group values, the mutual support and sense of community it affords to members. I do see that this makes it much harder to leave - one's whole social life is wrapped up in the school, and thus leaving becomes more painful and difficult as a result. And by all reports here, it is still possible to keep some of one's RSE friends when you leave, but harder to spend time with them or get them to listen to you.
I am confused by your references to the deaths of the previous owners and cancer. I expect you are referring to the school's encouragement of people in the belief that they can heal themselves without medical attention. Sadly, though, cancer is something the medical community doesn't have much success in treating either.
Sad Grandfather
Location: Joe Reeves, Carthage, Mississippi http://joesue.com/

Unread post by Sad Grandfather »

Lost in Space wrote: If I had to pick a silver lining attaching to the cloud that is membership in RSE, it would be the sharing of group values, the mutual support and sense of community it affords to members.
I am quite sure the Jim Jones cult had this "sense of community" as well as the Nazi party in 1940 Germany, as well as most other cults. I fail to see any good coming from "sharing group values, mutual support and sense of community" with any group of self destructive, narcissistic, misguided fools. Find some decent friends!
Down with Judith Hampton Knight!
Lost in Space

But my RSE friends are decent friends!
Seriously though, I was never "in" so I never had to get "out" and I just am speculating.
And, Sad Grandfather, apart from your family members enmeshed in RSE, how many Ramsters do you actually know?
I think it's pushing the envelope a bit to liken RSE students to Nazis or Jim Jones followers, but that's just IMO.
freemysoul

Unread post by freemysoul »

Well said Grandfather, if your community absolves itself of all personal liability and responsibility, the whole while running around like chicken little screaming 'the sky is falling', it sure as hell isn't a community I would want to live in, let alone be neighbors with. As far as the 'masters connection' is concerned, its rse propaganda, spreading half truths, lies, and misinformation in the guise of 'help'. You don't get to claim 'we can all heal ourselves and this is how you do it' without it being known that the same people claiming this are dying of cancer on a regular basis, and can't heal themselves. We are talking about people that JZ Knight has convinced to avoid modern medicine at all costs, and focus solely on her worthless, ridiculous 'disciplines' to heal themselves, and you can see where that got them, DEAD. Look at where that ideology got Jeff Knight and countless others. At least with modern medicine, they would have had a chance. The 'masters connection' is just a mouthpiece for JZ's hurtful and diabolical rhetoric.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

as a stereotype, yes it is pushing the envelope to compare rse students to nazis and peoples temple members

but we all know, or we all should know, that stereotypes are almost always misrepresentative of the particulars and individuals, be they Nazis or devotess of Jim Jones. I've been around long enough to know a lot of folks who were "Nazis", meaning that they fought for Germany during WW2. One man I knew well was trained and raised in the Nazi youth, then joined the Nazi navy, was sunk many times during the war, survived and brought his family to America in 1952 and thrived. Hell, my dad was in the Hungarian air force and fought with the Axis powers, was captured at the end of the war by the "good guys."

so by comapring rse to nazis we are actually comparing them to average people....for the most part.

The surviving members of People's Temple I've met and heard speak are hardly different than most folks I meet who are in RSE or any other cult.

The difference is in loyalty and conviction and that conviction can funnel sweet and nice people into really bad choices.
The master connection may be the larger more open end of the funnel but it all drains into the same sewer.

LiS....of course "aspirin" is a brand name of sorts and its chemical agent is that acid stuff and i think all parents (by now I hope) know about the reyes thing

that first quote is perfectly fine by me... real science in action.
I used it as contrast to point out the equivocal nature of the masters connection, ie, just because some of the information is sound and interesting space science, it does not legitmate rse membership chatter about essential oils and such. The nazi regime produced incredible agriculturalists and industrialists whose innovations yet benefit the world today.....
ex

Unread post by ex »

the master conection is a testamonie how a 'group'' drifts into lalaland. the whole 'cult thing' works only if you substitute
familie and friends with other cult followers. what group are you talking about? you r only in this group if you accept rse in full. the fanatics drop you if you are not current. and the other supporters don't know you if you don't support rse fully. every 'master' is willing to cheat a other 'master' out of money to be on the next event. i for myself got pretty burned from this kind of group. by the way test your friends they might see you as a potential rse member. you will loose them if you never ever join an d write on emf. otherwise i agree with sad grandfather.
Sad Grandfather
Location: Joe Reeves, Carthage, Mississippi http://joesue.com/

Unread post by Sad Grandfather »

Sad Grandfather wrote:
Lost in Space wrote: If I had to pick a silver lining attaching to the cloud that is membership in RSE, it would be the sharing of group values, the mutual support and sense of community it affords to members.
I am quite sure the Jim Jones cult had this "sense of community" as well as the Nazi party in 1940 Germany, as well as most other cults. I fail to see any good coming from "sharing group values, mutual support and sense of community" with any group of self destructive, narcissistic, misguided fools. Find some decent friends!
My characterization of cult members was intentionally exaggerated to make the point that the "good" things mentioned by LIS might be good if the "sense of community" was between good hearted people who truly cared for their friends and others. I hardly consider it good, when it results in mutual support for self delusion, destructive behavior or evil intent.

My daughter's "sense of community" with Judy's cult has turned any "sense of family" into a bad thing. She responds to my email every couple of months, and we can "communicate" as long a I ignore the elephant in the room and don't ever mention my disdain for the cult.

Joe's former Nazi friends are good people who were misled, just as RSE members are mostly good people who have been brainwashed by the cult. While most religions are forces for good, they can be dangerous simply because the people are taught to follow blindly, by "faith" whatever their leaders tell them. This can result in things like the Salem witch burnings, protesting at funerals, and flying plane loads of people into buildings.

IMO, any people who give up the ability of individual logic and reason, to follow the "group think" of an organization are treading dangerously and have the potential for evil.

Of course, this is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own. Everyone should have a right to do whatever they like, as long as it does not do harm to others.
Down with Judith Hampton Knight!
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

I met woman who runs MC once, while ago at a yard sale. Very bitter she seemed about how Ram is full of shit about TDTC, and all her friends dying, how disciplines dont work. She mentioned the omega scam. Funny she should much later be in charge of masters connection. That was last person I would have thought, ever.
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

( cont..) it was my first brush with doubt about Ramtha. I felt sad for her, but I steered clear from her since being I was a believer.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

vanilla,
not sure where the woman who was bitter about Ramtha yet ran MC is today

there are often very intense squabbles within movements, sometimes leading to a schism. The schisms generally take the shape of reform or "getting back to the roots" of the movement. eg, almost all Bible cults are "restorationists" or reconstructionist meaning they claim to restore things to the way the Gospel was taught "in the beginning" when it was "pure".
The Amish are a reform sect of Mennonites.
The 'Temple of the Presence' in AZ is a reform sect of Summit Lighthouse/CUT claiming to restore the early teachings of Mark Prophet and the Ballards of the "I AM" Activity
http://www.templeofthepresence.org/

Individuals who join cults tend to believe they joined "when things were pure" and later after a decade or so yearn for the "good old days." iow, leaving the spirit of cult is hard because to deny that means that one has to start all over again...the "spirit" the hanger ons yearn for in RSE's case is the "original Ramtha"

perhaps the MC includes these folks who continue to hang on to the pure ideas they had in mind w RSE but will no longer support the craziness.
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

JOe very true and to the point. I do notice this. Its all cliquey. A cult has its disciples, then takes them away in favor of something newer and they get upset. Why I couldn't understand why I was coming to this great spiritual school yet felt I was pushed to the back of the class right away.

The good old days when Ramtha made people do the field for12 hours striaght at night

Everyone has a bad day. A job is a job. Who knows where anyone is. I have a feeling a lot of the teachers have to be "in on it". Its a business of self help, meaning if its just business then scamming is justified.

Return to “Pseudoscience & RSE”