RSE Candle Focus It was not a fire hazard

Paul

RSE Candle Focus It was not a fire hazard

Unread post by Paul »

We did Candles all 5 years that I was there. It was not a fire hazourd. Just candles. Any Catholic Church would have 10 times more candles.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: RSE Candle Focus It was not a fire hazourd

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Hi Paul,

Your post is somewhat supportive of RSE, so I moved your comments to our RSE supporters forum for debate.
I do have a hazy memory of several candles setup on the RSE stage that we were all instructed to stare at for many hours,
and I agree this would not have been a fire hazard.
However... having over a thousand candles burning in the arena with mats and sleeping gear close-by does present a fire hazard, Yes, No?
I can also tell you that during the seven years I attended RSE not once was there a fire drill.
Was there ever a fire drill during your time at RSE?
Would you care to share your experience of candle focus?
With your five years of RSE candle focus how was your candle setup and what years was this?
What do you believe (if anything) you achieved by this practice?

Thank you for posting,

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Ockham

Re: RSE Candle Focus It was not a fire hazourd

Unread post by Ockham »

I have been to Notre Dame cathedral, and yes there are probably hundreds of candles, but those candles are in holders that are not flammable. Contrast that to Judy Knight's converted horse ban that's full of hundreds of drunken sleep-deprived customers surroundd by mounds of flammable clothing, sleeping bags, pillows, papers ane paraphernalia blocking timely egress. I don't have any reservations to walking into Notre Dame, but there is no way you'd get me to stay in Judy Knight's horse barn.

Even if churches were using candles in an unsafe manner, that wouldn't mean it is OK for RSE to be unsafe; in that case, both would be in error.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: RSE Candle Focus It was not a fire hazard

Even if churches were using candles in an unsafe manner, that wouldn't mean it is OK for RSE to be unsafe; in that case, both would be in error.
Thank you Ockham. From what I understand Churches have to comply with vigorous Fire safety standards something RSE is not in compliance with.
During my time in RSE I remember brushing off fire, health and safety concerns believing 'Ramtha' was protecting us all with his god-like powers .... :oops:
I also remember those that returned from St. Peter Hospital in Olympia in wheelchairs and bandages were invited onstage as heroes and awarded balloons.... :roll:
Did I mention that St. Peters is a Catholic Hospital still providing charitable free treatment to those injured and traumatized at RSE?

Paul?
Paul

Unread post by Paul »

David. 1997 thru 2012. During that time I attended I was approximately on the property 80-99 days. There was never a fire drill. Over 10 times the barn was over capacity. A couple of times it was over capacity with children inside.

I mostly slept in my own tent. Only a few times did I sleep in the barn at night. I have nothing of value to report on sleeping.

Candle focus. I practiced Candle Focus more than any other taught "discipline". Like most "hippie dippie" claims, it is over sold as creating your reality or a pathway to enlightenment. If I were to offer any support to this discipline, I would state that it may help those that struggle with ADD. There are several products in the Phsychology offices that help autistic kids or assist adults in ADD that try to help minus the drugs. I saw a shrink that had me on a product sold by Zengar.com. It worked incredibly well for me, even though I thought it was just gonna be a mind trick. I guess Candle Focus would be the $5 version of a $10K product. Those sessions lasted between 30 minutes to 45 minutes (maximum). I would stress the irrsponsible link at RSE is that people are pushed for "disciplines" for 1-12 hours straight, which just causes more fear, anxiety, and brainwashing.

The main "sin" of RSE is not distinguishing between a meditation practice vs a hazing ritual that causes pain if not PTSD. There must be a line drawn between pressing someone forward as appose to breaking them mentally.
Lost in Space

Unread post by Lost in Space »

Meditation using candles is probably not harmful in and of itself. Even new-agey, 'Esoteric' candle rituals can be okay. But, as you suggest, Paul, it's a question of duration - even my new agey meditation school, when I was in it, suggested cutting such practices short after half an hour and stressed the need to remain grounded in reality. The fire hazard concerns of 1000 + people, possibly intoxicated or at least in an altered state, each with their own personal candle, sitting on a barn floor covered with personal belonging makes my hair stand on end. Were the candles always up on the stage?
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Hi Paul, Lost in Space, Ockham, everyone
Sorry for my delay in reply, Just a few distraction dealing with the NZ lawsuit... :-?
Thank you for your post and insights.
Hi Paul,
David. 1997 thru 2012. During that time I attended I was approximately on the property 80-99 days. There was never a fire drill. Over 10 times the barn was over capacity. A couple of times it was over capacity with children inside.
This has been the consistent with everyone's experience regarding this question on EMF.
I am sure this point will be raised during the NZ trial.
(EMF) View topic - Fire, Health and Safety Violations at RSE YouTube
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1804
The main "sin" of RSE is not distinguishing between a meditation practice vs a hazing ritual that causes pain if not PTSD. There must be a line drawn between pressing someone forward as appose to breaking them mentally.
Yes...And all the more willing were we to be 'broken' for the cause of 'The Great Work' healing and enlightenment.
Anyone remember that RSE slogan 'Doubt is the sword of the image? So smash that doubt, go ahead and submit 'monkey mind' to grueling sensory and physical deprivations and punishments, break it's will that dare question the methods of 'Ramtha' or the results! How dare my mind get in my way.... :shock:
but hey, that floaty feeling must mean I am now reaching the void, now I feel nothing of my bodies suffering, I am now greater than my body and its limited needs.... And if I should die doing this, it shall all be for the good and God of all....
Wait a minute, I think 'Ramtha' just smiled at me...and sent me a telepathic message!!
Xylofone

Unread post by Xylofone »

I got in trouble several times for lighting a candle in the arena years ago during a break when I wanted to focus. Red guard said it was against the fire code. Few hours later 800 people each lit a candle, and it was magically okay! :roll:

Return to “Fire, Health and Safety concerns at (RSE), a division of JZK Inc.”