elizabeth prophet dies

Wonderful on the outside Treacherous on the inside....! Cults have millions of members around the world who also thought they were immune.
joe sz

elizabeth prophet dies

Unread post by joe sz »

Published 10.16.2009

Former CUT leader, 70, dies at home
By Camden Easterling, Enterprise Writer

Elizabeth Clare Prophet, founder and past president of Church Universal and Triumphant, died Thursday of complications from Alzheimer?s disease. She was 70.

Prophet died at her home in Bozeman, said Thomas Schumacher, who handles marketing and media relations for The Summit Lighthouse, the umbrella organization that CUT falls under.

TSL?s headquarters is just north of Gardiner.

Church members are responding to the news of Prophet?s death with ?mixed emotions,? Schumacher said Friday.

?We?ve known this moment was coming for a long time,? he said of her death after long battling Alzheimer?s. ?This was not a surprise. Still, the reality of it is triggering a lot of emotions. Certainly grief, and some relief that she?s not suffering any more.?

Prophet was diagnosed with Alzheimer?s in 1997, according to a news release from TSL. She retired from active TSL leadership in 1999. Valerie McBride is the current TSL president.

Prophet?s late husband, Mark L. Prophet, founded TSL in 1958. Prophet began leading the organization in the early 1970s after he died.

She is known for her work as church leader as well as for authoring many books.

During its nearly 30-year history in Park County, CUT has garnered national attention.

Prophet in the late 1980s and early 1990s predicted a possible nuclear war and times of peril, spurring the construction of fallout shelters by the church and its members around the Corwin Springs and Glastonbury areas.

In 1989, Prophet?s husband and church vice president Ed Francis pleaded guilty to conspiracy charges involving the purchase of firearms and ammunition.

Church leaders in the early 1990s also contended with Internal Revenue Service allegations that the organization had stockpiled weapons and misused funds despite its tax-exempt status.

In recent years, the organization has been active in working with government agencies on the issue of bison management in the area.

Livingston Enterprise news.
See&E

And in the end...

Unread post by See&E »

Thanks for the update and post Joe.
I think it's time for my long contemplated funeral pyre,
and i'll burn all my CUT books, decrees, KOF, POW, and then
Follow with the plethora of RSE books, tapes, cd, dvd...

35 years of being mislead and mistrusting those who convinced
me of their authority to speak on behalf of the unseen masters
and responding to urgent calls for decrees, action, prayer, money,
tdtc, macrobiotic diets, minerals, focus, commitment...

In the end, it was all a lie to tens of thousands, who in turn,
effected and affected hundreds of thousands of family and friends.

Tempus Omnia Monstrat

See&E
arewethereyet

she just wanted to forget it

Unread post by arewethereyet »

yeah if i had that many colonics i'd want to forget it all too.
journeythroughramthaland

R.I.P

Unread post by journeythroughramthaland »

"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
-William Mizner

Return to “Destructive Manipulative Sects/Cults/Corperations, Cult Leaders Other Than RSE/JZ Knight”