I lost my g/f to RSE and another student.

How to help if you have family or friends in RSE.
Hotdog

I lost my g/f to RSE and another student.

Unread post by Hotdog »

I lost my g/f to RSE and another student. After getting involved a year ago, attending a few events, a couple of phone calls to this new friend in order to get up to speed with the 'teachings', she sat me down one day and told me she was in love with this guy. She still loved me, but loved this other guy too and that she hoped we could work through this together - in other words, she hoped I could find a way to deal with her having a life with another man. I was effectively given an ultimatum to either agree to her way or hit the highway. She didn't have the guts to say it like this, or make a decision, and in any event, she wanted us both (apparently) so it served her not to make a decision. After questioning myself as a result of being caught up in the confusion, I realised this is all b/s and it arose out of her confusion and her lack of knowledge of herself. I made the decision to leave after 6 years of a beautiful relationship that I would've been happy with for the rest of my life. She's now gone off with her new 'love' and presumably they'll go down in a ball of flames together. What a complete waste of a beautiful person, relationship, etc, etc. Knowing my g/f so well - her intelligence, diplomacy and what was seemingly a well balanced perspective - it is gut wrenching to see that she has been sucked into what is really so cliched and transparent.

Having read the stories on EMF of how damaging the psychological effects of this cr*p are, it is so sad to know she may face the same fate, when in fact she was an amazing person to begin with and had a well-rounded and what was a grounded approach to life until she had the wool pulled over her eyes. Unfortunately, for my own peace of mind, I just have to forget about this whole scenario and move on with my life. I will always love her, but right now the only positive for me is that I had 6 beautiful years with her and I will always remember her and love her for the person she was.

As I said to her when trying to 'shake' her out of the madness...You are a highly intelligent person. Your mind can work equally as powerfully for you as it can against you. Therefore guard it fiercely, as it is far easier to keep it safe than it is to get it back once it's been taken from you.
WofthesunEofthemoon

Re: I lost my g/f to RSE and another student.

Unread post by WofthesunEofthemoon »

I am so sorry for your loss, Hotdog. My own experiences tell me that your girlfriend may also have suffered a great loss, but she is, as yet, unaware of it. Heartfelt thoughts,

W.E.
Felicitas

Re: I lost my g/f to RSE and another student.

Unread post by Felicitas »

Hi Hotdog,

Just want to let you know that I sympathize with what you must be going through. My mother became an RSE student more than 10 years ago, so I know what it feels like to have a loved one join RSE. For a while I joined RSE too, one of the reasons for that being that I thought that I would not loose her completely that way. Don't make the same mistake! My mother is a fervent ramster to this day and although we have kept in touch and she seems to have accepted that I'm no longer into RSE, there is no doubt in my mind that she would choose RSE over me any day. I have always considered my mother to be a very intelligent person, like you say about your girlfriend. I have never stopped wondering how such an intelligent person could fall for such a load of crap so completely. I have not found an answer to that question. Maybe, it just means that emotions (such as fear of death) are stronger than reason and logic.

For my own mental health it has been and still is very important to keep hoping that my mother will come to her senses one day and wake up from the RSE-hallucination. So that is what I do and I think it is preferable to thinking that is all is lost.
the future is unwritten

Return to “Family Members, Friends, Educators and the Cult Experience”