RAJNEESH/OSHO-- NEW SERIES

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
joe sz

RAJNEESH/OSHO-- NEW SERIES

Unread post by joe sz »

http://www.oregonlive.com/rajneesh/inde ... an_we.html

A good example of fanatical devotion and where it can lead...
joe
ex

Re: RAJNEESH/OSHO-- NEW SERIES

Unread post by ex »

this was intresting reading. jzr learned from this. made no similar mistake. the other advantage is that she is american.
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

I have a very bad feeling of where the school is headed. Something weird or bad is bound to happen, with all the students panicking of the days to come. There is a very dark conspiracy tone going in all Ram's latest talk.

I just want to be far away from this. I know I am on here, enlightenmefree.com, chatting about my experiences, I do have better things to do..but I find this place helps me make sense of it all..helps me separate.

But in a way, I am really creeped out by my involvement.. I hope it just dies away and people forget who Ramtha is.

But I needed to go down this road. I needed to know there is no god, or gods...no unseen, no being from the void...I still believed that, as I grew up very religious. That life is here and now and wonderful and to get out of problems one must THINK. Life is really here and stable. It is KNOWN.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Hi Vanilla, I'm with you.

In listening to the folks I know who in RSE, it sounds like Judy has amped up the disaster talk well above the level of the last few years. I've know people in RSE for about the last five years.

Some members of EMF have been in or following JZ/R since Judy started doing her Ramtha performance in Califormia. From what I've learned here, there have been cyclic intervals of amping up the disaster and alien talk since at least the early 1990s. This is good cult leader tactic to draw in the ahderants and their money - the students need to hang with baited breath on every one of the leader's words lest any tiny utterance be missed.

The current RSE talk and student behavior seems very scary. It sounds like places up aound Bald Hill are crawling with ramsters feverishly clawing out their underground shelters before June 15, 2011.

I keep thinking of the Heaven's Gate cult, Jim Jones and David Koresh. I guess the closest analog is Heaven's Gate. If Judy really believes the Ramtha talk, and convinces herself that Nabiru is about to crash into Earth, could she issue an order to, "Drink the Kool Aid!"? I think there are many ramsters that would comply.

I'm hoping Judy with her mastery of manipulation and the business office of RSE will come together to back off the terror level a little. It would make sense from a business perspective: because if the stdents are spending on UG shelters and supplies, that's less cash available for them to spend on the school. I think Judy needs to keep a turn-over in the student body too. I'm sure there is a pretty high drop-out rate as people tire of the message and unfulfilled predictions. This means tone it down, then slowly amp up the terror until the students are tapped out. Wash, rinse and repeat for another crop of students.
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

Well Judy is a woman, most cult leaders are men. Would a woman do the same thing, tell people to kill themselves?

You know during the last stream I saw where she brought Father Mihael on stage to tell everyone Jesus was a wine drunk, Rampuss looked at him and said, FATHER I NEED YOU TO FORGIVE ME FOR WHAT I AM ABOUT TO DO.
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

Wow, that is preetty creepy on several levels. I wonder if the Ramtha character was supposed to be telling a joke?

As you've pointed out, Ramtha praised the suuposed preservative qualities of Twinkies, and that the audience chuckled. All the while, Ramtha actually appeared to be sincere in recommending Twinkie eating. That gives me a liitle hope that the brain washing isn't a totality.

I don't think the federal government was breathing down the neck of Heaven's Gate, so their mass suicide is honstly a fanatic belief that the UFO comet Hale-Bop could only ascend them if they did mass suicide. Jones and Koresh differ in that the government was on their tails, and their jaealousy was that they'd kill their followers instead of having the government take the followers away.

I'm not on the inside, so I can't know how much JZ is playing the government opression card. We know that government opression is at least part of the story she weaves. The question is does she believe it herself, and would she be willing to trigger a mass suicide to keep her followers out of government clutches? As far as I know, JZ and JZK Inc. have lately been good kids and paid their taxes and behaved well enough not to attract unwelome government prying into their affairs. That was the self-destructive problem with Jones and Koresh that they were actively going up against the US feds.
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

yes, there was a korean cult led by a woman in the 90s--all 36 committed suicide. another in Australia were "Breatharians" led by a woman and someone died. But most of the more vicious cult endings are led by men. The Church Universal & Truimphant one led by Eliz Prophet was close to becoming another Branch Davidian debacle shortly before the Waco event in 1993.

here are the top ten "cults" according to:
http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-cults.php

joe
ex

Unread post by ex »

it wasn't a joke for some blue college students.they ate this stuff because the preservation conserved the body laughable is that jzr uses this ' jokes' so long. i think jzr plagericed homer simpson.

Return to “News Articles”