Posting GLITCH

A place for EMF members to contact the moderators, post their questions, suggestions and concerns regarding the management and moderating of EMF.
This forum is open for discussion and exchange of views.
joe sz

Posting GLITCH

Unread post by joe sz »

I just posted an extensive systemic clarification regarding constriction to help the discussion on a previous thread "All things EMF": Joe's Catholic cult... and it appeared to go to "Off Topic" suddenly when i hit submit, then it just disappeared, no where to be found.

Until further notice, or a clear post from David with useful and considerate questions and comments, i am not offering any more of my time with it.

joe
David McCarthy
Site Admin

subject: Posting GLITCH

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Sorry about that Joe,
Unfortunate timing :-?
Perhaps a glitch happened during the loading of your post?
I think Robair hit a similar glitch today..
anyway I will check the board and see whats up.

Thank you for your patience....

David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: Posting GLITCH

I cannot find anything wrong with our EMF settings to have caused the recent posts lost by Robair and Joe.
It certainly was not due to a moderator action.
One of the causes may be simultaneous postings cancelling out the other! or EMF going off line while writing a lengthy post.
For time consuming posts I recommend you write them first in a word processor then paste it on the board.
Here is a free word processor for those that do not have Microsoft word.
AbiWord
http://www.abisource.com/

Hope this helps

David
ex

Unread post by ex »

my post was up and you even responded. now its gone. no problem other people covered my issues more skillful. i sincerely believe it didn't happen on purpose.
preeatenna

Unread post by preeatenna »

My experience is that this problem of disappearing posts has been occurring all of this year, on many boards. It is a constant problem on Yuku for instance, and is quite frequent on Facebook. Often the posts magically "return" after several hours or days. I suspect that this may be proof of the existence of Scamtha, and that, this being the year 2012, the internet may be in the throes of divine intervention. It is rumoured that there is a prophesy extant that 2/3 of the known world wide web will disappear by December 21st. Of course, that may only happen on another timeline or in the 23rd universe. We will have to wait and see. Could this be the only prophesy of Scamtha that will come true?
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Thank you for your post ex, preeatenna,
My experience is that this problem of disappearing posts has been occurring all of this year, on many boards. It is a constant problem on Yuku for instance, and is quite frequent on Facebook. Often the posts magically "return" after several hours or days
Hi preeatenna,
Wow, I didn't know that, I will do more research.
I know how frustrating it feels to lose a post,
I rarely post anything of significance EMF without often spending hours of soul searching and then when 'poof' gone...
I feel like I've been robbed :shock:
But I am sure that writing such posts are never truly wasted, like water in the garden of reason and compassion in our journey out of the RSE desert.
But.. It pains me to know that any post is lost to EMF members
as I know that for some it took enormous courage for just to 'click' on the submit button.
Although it is rare to lose a post on EMF... it’s still a good idea to write a time consuming post on a word processor if possible.

David
David McCarthy
Site Admin

I received a 'WTF' email today from an EMF member who thought they had been banned.
This can be very upsetting and I understand their concern.
It is VERY rare that anyone is banned from EMF... all told in the history of EMF we have only banned five members.
If we ban someone we make it public.
Please make sure your login is correct we have a lockdown system to protect you if someone tried to login to your account
with incorrect information.
The lockdown ' I think lasts lasts for 12 hours only. I have been locked out several times... :oops:

If you are having trouble login in to EMF let us know..
thank you everyone for your ongoing support

David

Return to “All Things EMF - Researching the Ramtha Cult? Use our EMF Search Engine”