Trying to reason with my mother

How to help if you have family or friends in RSE.
amrosen13

Trying to reason with my mother

Unread post by amrosen13 »

Hi, my mother was introduced to the teachings of Ramtha about 6 months ago by her then-boyfriend (they are now getting married and having a baby together) and has delved headfirst into them. I have talked with her about what she now believes, and aside from much of it seeming like New Agey BS (and I'm a pagan, lol), I couldn't really put my finger on what seemed wrong with that way of thinking until I did some research. Now that I know more about JZ Knight and the various controversies, I really want to try to steer her away from Ramtha without making it seem like I'm attacking her beliefs or her relationship with her fiance. She is not a student of RSE yet, and I want to try to reach her before she becomes one. The problem is, I don't know what information she'll listen to and what she'll just rationalize away. I would love to find a transcript of the Austrian court case in which JZ Knight won a copyright on Ramtha, as the few tantalizing tidbits I've heard from it may get her to wake up and realize how out of whack it all sounds. Although I know the Knight vs. Knight case has some sad and interesting things in it as well, I can see her viewing it more as a bitter man trying to defame his ex-wife, especially seeing as my mom herself only recently finalized her divorce from my step-dad. Please let me know anything I can show her or could do to try to get through to her. Thank you.
RoyGBiv

Re: Trying to reason with my mother

Unread post by RoyGBiv »

first of all, Amrosen, welcome!
If it were me, I'd be looking into all the places where these so-called "original" teachings came from and show her, suggesting there's an easier and cheaper way to go.
second, I'd point out how every cataclysmic prediction by Lame-tha has failed to happen, and hesheeit has failed to predict any significant disasters that actually HAVE happened. So much for omnipotence.
Dec 22nd is a great date to start a new life!
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

One of the big problems is Judy Knight,s (Ramtha's) talk is self-contradictory in many ways. For example, Ramtha talks at length about sovereignty and self sufficiency, yet insists on continuous payment of tribute money to RSE and hanging on to Judy Knight's (Ramtha's) apron strings. Much work is focused on purifying thought to manifest a fabulous reality, yet at the same time there is constant warning of supposed impending natural disaster. If what JZ/R said were true, then the constant focus on disaster would manifest disaster, would it not? Why does Ramtha go on and on for hours about Judy Knight's personal problems, distaste of Catholic church, dislike of Mexicans, etc; all that talk is base emotion that ramsters would call, "first seal.". Why is an allegedly god-like being getting caught up in that sort of base human emotion?

This is only a small off the cuff sample of non sequitur philosophy out of RSE. Almost all of the RSE precepts don't hold up to rational analysis, requiring truth to be two ways at once.

Unfortunately, it is difficult to talk somebody out of such an emotional belief system. Getting hooked on RSE is like getting hooked on gambling. Even though the endless disciplines look silly and pointless to an outside observer, to the ramster it is like a hooked gambler that is sure just one more silver dollar dropped in the slot machine is going to cough up the ten million dollar prize. Of course, it never comes to pass. The most important thing we can do on the outside is to be there for support when our friends and family decide they've had enough of RSE.
Vanilla

Unread post by Vanilla »

Show her these videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/changewa

and then also show her the Merv griffin interview 1985 where she said Coming of Christ, will be here before 2000. The awakening of divinity will be here by the end of the decade. By 2000. We will have conquered time and space by 2000. The end of some great disease will end in 2000. Greece given back to people by 2000. Also about aliens ETS, that which is called " they" are here. A new consciousness too will be here. By 2000. The superconscious will be acclaimed, peace will be ongoing, war will die by the end of 2000.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfMv81sh_V0

at 7:25

" Know you what war is?"

"This must be what they call tv"

"Know you- what that is- what they call nature- is?"

" Your king which is called Reagan"

HA

Return to “Family Members, Friends, Educators and the Cult Experience”