JZ is not going to talk

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
Robair

JZ is not going to talk

Unread post by Robair »

Hello Everyone

http://www.theolympian.com/2013/02/02/2 ... fense.html . (DEAD LINK)

An attorney for a former student of Ramtha’s School of Enlightenment is barred from asking the school’s leader, JZ Knight, about alleged practices such as encouraging students to drink a liquid containing lye that, according to the former student’s affidavit, is supposed to “accelerate our individual enlightenment.”
Thurston County Superior Court Judge Gary Tabor ruled Friday in anticipation of Knight’s videotaped deposition that will be part of a breach-of-contract lawsuit brought by JZK Inc. against former student Virginia Coverdale.
Tabor ruled that during Knight’s deposition, Coverdale’s attorney, Shawn Newman, can ask Knight only questions that are directly relevant to the lawsuit. The suit seeks damages in response to Coverdale’s release of videos showing Knight making derogatory comments about Mexicans, Catholics and others last year.
Reposting of the videos by a local conservative think tank, the Freedom Foundation, prompted Republicans to call for Democratic candidates to give back campaign contributions they had received from Knight prior to the Nov. 6 election.
The suit also seeks a permanent injunction barring Coverdale from releasing any other unauthorized materials belonging to the school. The school alleges the materials are protected by a contract Coverdale signed upon enrollment.
A restraining order barring any such release of protected materials is in place pending the outcome of the lawsuit.

In court filings, attorneys for the Ramtha school accused Coverdale of attempting to authorize lines of questioning during Knight’s deposition with the intent to “embarrass and harass” Knight.
In more than 100 pages of court filings, Newman has made counterclaims against the school, alleging fraud and defamation against Coverdale.
Affidavits in Newman’s filings allege that the school encouraged former students to participate in financial schemes and to take part in a wine ceremony that left participants drunk. The affidavits also allege that students were encouraged to drink a liquid containing lye and seawater that allegedly made some sick.

Although Tabor ordered that Newman can’t ask Knight about the ex-students’ allegations, he left open the possibility that she might be subject to questioning on those matters later.
One of the school’s attorneys, Jeffrey Grant, said outside court Friday that Knight’s “deposition has to be focused on what the lawsuit is about.” Mike Wright, a staff member at the school who was in court Friday, said “none of the allegations in that affidavit are relevant to this case” and added that the “wild claims” in the affidavit are false. Wright added that former students can make all sorts of allegations in their affidavits, but “it doesn’t make them true.”
Knight, who claims to channel Ramtha, a 35,000-year-old warrior, has given a sworn declaration that is part of the court file. Knight founded Ramtha’s School of Enlightenment near Yelm in 1988 to teach others about her beliefs. The school says it has tens of thousands of followers.
In Knight’s declaration, she gives reasons for objecting to answering questions beyond the scope of Ramtha’s suit against Coverdale.
As the founder of RSE and the channel of Ramtha, I have been the subject of strongly held opinions, and at times, wild speculation,” reads Knight’s deposition. “I am most concerned that I will be asked questions that are intended to harass and embarrass me. … I believe that my deposition should be limited to 1) the allegations in the complaint 2) Ms. Coverdale’s contacts with JZK Inc. or the Ramtha School of Enlightenment, or 3) topics which were answered in response to Ms. Coverdale’s written discovery requests — and then only to the extent that I have information upon which I can answer such questions

Read more here: http://www.theolympian.com/2013/02/02/2 ... rylink=cpy
I Value Things Not For What They Worth But For What They Represent
Vanilla

Re: JZ id not going to talk

Unread post by Vanilla »

What Mike Wright teaches -about how you can take a picture yourself - together with an orb- of YOU in the future...and spend all day dancing with photographers taking your photo of you blindfolded...that doesnt mean.. that is true.
Wright added that former students can make all sorts of allegations in their affidavits, but “it doesn’t make them true.”
Ockham

Unread post by Ockham »

It seems to me there is plenty of ammunition in in the legal blunderbuss without need to dredge up the Sea-11 Water scam.

The videos in question, of course, need to be described in excruciating detail on the record, so that it is well understood the scope of such material that RSE, Inc. Is claiming to hold copyright. "Ms. Knight, you are claiming that you said organic farmers are ugly and that this is an original and unique fact as taught by you at RSE, Inc, as depicted by exhibit number blah-blah and that this was said by you on date blah-blah... ."
Phoenix

Unread post by Phoenix »

Lol! And she wants to avoid further publicity and embarrassment? Oh I hope V.C comes out on top!

Return to “News Articles”