Orting House?

For general chit chat on RSE related topics. You are walking through the woods and come upon a group socializing around the campfire. Pull over a log to sit on and join us. Introduce yourself here! Pages 1 & 2
skakus

Orting House?

Unread post by skakus »

Does anyone remember three women from Southern California whom were enrolled in the school circa 1989-90 and expelled -- subsequently setting up house near Orting? Would anyone whom interacted with the members of this household be willing to share their experiences?
tree

Re: Orting House?

Unread post by tree »

Why were they expelled?
skakus

Unread post by skakus »

My understanding at that time was that they were expelled for promoting their own agenda/program, holding gatherings and trying to recruit RSE students.
DutifulImp

Unread post by DutifulImp »

Do you mean a house in the hills outside Orting? Housemates RC&L? Also w/little cabin near Packwood?
skakus

Unread post by skakus »

Yes! Exactly. Did you hang out there? If so, did you spend a lot of time there? How well did you know them? Were you there anytime between '91 and '93 or thereabouts?
DutifulImp

Um... well yes I spent quite a lot of time there. I lived there part-time starting summer of 91 so I knew everyone quite well. I left in '92 when everyone moved out and I went to live in San Francisco. May I know with whom I am talking?
skakus

Unread post by skakus »

I'd rather not say. :roll:
DutifulImp

Were you friends with R, C, or L, or with someone else living there?
skakus

Unread post by skakus »

My ex moved in there more or less when we split up. Who is this?
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Thank you for your posts everyone...
My ex moved in there more or less when we split up. Who is this?
Best make use our PM system for such a direct question.... :idea:
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
DutifulImp

skakus wrote:My ex moved in there more or less when we split up. Who is this?
I'd rather not say :-) and as David says, it would be better to PM if we are going to share details.
I was very familiar with everyone who came or went or lived at the house. There was only 1 person I know of that moved in after a break-up. She liked horses?. She would be D? Friends with Z whom was also a friend of yours? If so, then I know you and you know me. Acknowledge here with simple yes/no or PM. It would be good to talk.
skakus

Unread post by skakus »

You are correct on all counts and I thought (for a brief moment) that you had me at a disadvantage, but if you lived in the house and you're not any of the above-mentioned people, then you would have to be one of two possible people -- (and not to be ungrateful, but...) neither of whom I'm particularly excited about conversing with about past events. When I posted this thread, my intention was to speak with people whom had crossed paths with the residents of your house, not the actual residents themselves. Doing so feels a tad like asking the guy who stole your car to investigate the crime. His accounting of events will inevitably attempt to cast himself as a blameless bystander or hapless witness. I've never gotten anything but doublespeak from those in your house or their benefactors. So if your communication is going to be honest and forthright, then I'm interested. If not, then don't waste your time (or mine) propagandizing me with convenient mythologies spun to misdirect or mislead.

That said, you're either the one whom also liked and took care of horses or the one whom came and went from Packwood. Acknowledge here with a simple yes or no and we can move forward. As to private messaging, I'm not inclined to discuss the particulars of our history on a "public" private messaging forum. BB's and blogs provide dubious security/privacy. That's no slight to the moderators here. It's just an inherent limitation in the technology and software. So we have to find another avenue of communication.

PGP encrypted emails are a reasonable way to go. Are you still in touch with Z?
DutifulImp

I can totally see your point and understand your misgivings and yes, I'm the horse whisperer so that kinda reveals all (as does my forum ID if you think about it). Though I am still involved with the group, I have more life experience and have established more appropriate limits, particularly when it comes to the end justifying the means. I did not hear from Z for a long time but we're back in touch and she also has expressed regrets about the past. She has never been able to bring herself around to contacting you so perhaps this can be a window of opportunity.

Regarding your getting the runaround, we were told by our benefactors not to share any background info or context with you under any circumstances. It was a hard choice because I knew you were unhappy and confused, but I did try to help you when it was really important, and you know that's true. But it's no excuse and I am sincerely sorry about my part in things.

I know a little bit about IT so perhaps privacy issues here are a real concern and like you say, not knocking the moderators or website. PGP email would be fine but we need each other's email addresses. Do you want to PM our email addresses?
skakus

Unread post by skakus »

If you're still in touch with Z, she has my current email address. Get it from her, shoot me an email and I'll respond with the PGP stuff. Then we can see where it goes. I have to say I'm a little dubious, but if this clears up all the mystery and ambiguity, then I'm all for mending fences. No point in holding a grudge, even under these circumstances. Forgiveness and understanding are indeed at the very top of the pyramid. Can you ask Z if she knows how to contact B? He's totally in the wind and I'd like to find him as well as some other old amigos from RSE. I'll keep an eye out for your email. Thanks for reaching out. When I think about, I can't imagine it was an easy or comfortable choice and I do appreciate it.
DutifulImp

OK... just messaged Z... email on the way.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Please make use of our PM system with this form of exchange.
I, nor the EMF moderators can access your private PM's. We would not want it any other way.
Our PM system is about as secure as it can get, and definitely more secure than Emails unless encrypted.
Just be sure that anyone who request 'sensitive or private information' from you please verify who they say they are,
and be sure of their 'motivations' before moving forward > :idea:

Thanks for your understanding and support....
David
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
skakus

Unread post by skakus »

OK David. Noted, and thanks for your patience.
seriously

Unread post by seriously »

I feel like I'm eavesdropping but I wish you two could share more info. It sounds fascinating. The late 80s - early 90s was a weird time in Ramthaville.
skakus

Unread post by skakus »

Seriously... Thank you for your interest in this thread. We've taken this discussion offline for now, for various reasons. This thread speaks more to the social community surrounding RSE rather than RSE itself. That's why the OP was posted in the General Chit Chat & Social Forum. Given that the primary theme of this site is to address people's experiences with RSE and JZ, the details of this particular thread don't really meet that criteria and are therefore not germane to the primary theme of this website. That said, this website is surely a valuable hub for former RSE students to network and reassess experiences both on and off the ranch. The issues and circumstances surrounding this thread again, have very little to do with the workings of RSE other than (a) the primary residents of this home had been students briefly and expelled from RSE, and (b) they recruited RSE students for their lifestyle program so there was interaction between members of this household and people in the RSE community, but this was at the fringes of the RSE community versus the main scene in Yelm.

My reason for posting here was to locate others whom may have crossed paths with these folks. I didn't expect to actually come across one of the residents so we're communicating offline privately, to address our perspectives and circumstances at that time. Relative to the mission statement of EMF, our issues are more like a minor heavenly object orbiting the RSE community and EMF. So even though this thread is addressing events on the very fringe of the RSE community, I am grateful for having been able to network here and make a connection which will surely enlighten me regarding events of the past and their context. If others whom engaged this group back in the late 80's and early 90's, find this thread, it may well serve as a beacon of sorts... a lighthouse for those still at sea in this regard.

If you're one of these people, feel free to PM. If not, then please, pay no heed. Your grace and kind discretion are much appreciated while those involved work things out. Thanks again for your interest. My very best to you and yours!

Return to “Pages 1 & 2 - General Chit Chat & Social Forums”