Glen Morgans EMF letter - JZ Knight vs Glen Morgan - NXIVM - RSE Litigation Machine

It's no secret that wealthy and powerful cults spend millions of dollars in litigation action in order to bully, harass and silence those that dare speak out. RSE.Inc is no exception.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Glen Morgans EMF letter - JZ Knight vs Glen Morgan - NXIVM - RSE Litigation Machine

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Glen Morgans EMF letter - JZ Knight vs Glen Morgan - RSE - NXIVM - Cult Litigation Machines -

Hi Everyone,
It's no secret that wealthy and powerful cults spend millions of dollars in litigation action in order to bully, harass and silence
those that dare to speak out. Victims of cultic abuse seldom have the resources to defend themselves,
many suffering from PTSD, the psychologically fallout and financially stripped by the cult, add this to the isolation they feel, the shunning, broken family relationships, the MASSIVE betrayal. the list goes on and on,
so few can speak out carrying this burden, let alone defend themselves against a wealthy cult that employs a massive litigation machine.
The chilling effect consequences reach far beyond the cults membership, very often the public media will tiptoe around a litigious cult leader.

The parallels between Keith Raniere NXIVM and JZ Knight RSE Ramtha?
Both attract and indoctrinate high-profile wealthy members that finance and oil their litigation machine.
Clare Bronfman reportedly gave up approximately $150 million to help fund Keith Raniere.
Over time, it was Clare who became more deeply involved with the organization. In court filings, prosecutors say Clare supported Raniere financially over the years by “providing him with millions of dollars and paying for private air travel costing up to approximately $65,000 a flight.”
A major chunk of their money—estimated at about $50 million, says Peter Skolnik, an attorney who battled Nxivm for years—also went toward suing Nxivm’s enemies—both real and perceived—to smithereens.
From Heiress To Felon: How Clare Bronfman Wound Up In ‘Cult-Like’ Group Nxivm
https://www.forbes.com/sites/willyakowi ... ac598c3ecf
NXIVM Whistleblower Susan Dones
They'll go to the ends of the earth to destroy you," Susan Dones, who once established a NXIVM training site in Washington state but broke away from the group in 2009, said in court last fall. She and her partner and former NXIVM trainer Kim Woolhouse were representing themselves against NXIVM's claims they had violated their confidentiality agreements with the organization.
Raniere was convicted of all charges against him on June 19, 2019.
A former RSE member who financially supported JZ Knight Ramtha was Rebecca Oppenheimer,
Heiress to the South African De Beers diamond fortunes. Rebecca was massive financial donor to RSE.
From what I understand, Rebecca has now quit RSE and moved back to her home country S Africa.
I wish her all the best in reclaiming her life from RSE and recovery process.
I hope one day Rebecca will also speak out about RSE and help protect our children and communities from abusive cults and their leaders.
More parallels..
Another top official, supporter and NXIVM propagandists is filmmaker Mark Vicente, also a 'former' inner circle member of RSE
(over 12 years) a 'Ramtha movie maker propagandists. Mark would have witnessed and subjected to severe cult abuse at RSE.
Daily News.
From one strange ‘cult’ to another: NXIVM whistleblower had served in another sect, IDs doctor as member who branded women - New York
Vicente, under cross examination,
claimed Knight put him in danger when she said in front of 1,000 “zealous” followers that “I would die a horrible death.
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny- ... story.html
For telling the truth
Virginia Coverdale endured over five years of litigation battles, Knight accused her of violating the RSE (COP) Conditions of Participation confidentially agreement....
Coverdale had few resources and sparse legal representation during most of the five year legal drama. JZ Knight spent nearly a million dollars to harass Coverdale over the past five years, and it is difficult to prevail in Washington State’s court system with such a disparity of resources. Eventually Coverdale was forced into bankruptcy by Knight’s relentless legal harassment.
“While JZK attempts to portray Coverdale’s primary purpose as an attempt to expose and discredit J.Z. Knight and RSE, that is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. There is more evidence that JZK used the lawsuit and the damages award as an attempt to dissuade Coverdale and other ex-RSE members from speaking out about RSE and J.Z. Knight’s statements, teachings and behaviors…” Judge Lynch Dec 15, 2017 (Western District Federal Court Case No. 16-44453-BDL “JZK , Inc vs. Coverdale”)
Cult leader JZ Knight fails in Federal Court | We the Governed
https://www.wethegoverned.com/cult-lead ... ral-court/
Both these cult organizations operate a ruthless litigation machine against those who tell the truth and provide evidence.
And so it goes on...JZ Knight is now suing Glen Morgan for the third time.
Glen was never a member of RSE. Just told the truth and presented the evidence.
I've also been sued in the US and in NZ, under the same RSE complaints of copyright infringement and breaching the RSE (COP).
With that in mind.
I recently wrote to Glen Morgan asking for updates regarding the recent litigation against him funded by JZ Knight.
This current lawsuit filed in Thurston County Superior Court by five Thurston County residents,
who take issue with robocalls going to their cellular phones.
Interesting to note... one of the plaintiffs listed is Brandy Knight, the son of JZ Knight.
With Glen Morgan's kind permission I'm posting his reply On EMF
If you are in a position to help Glen with his legal costs,
Here is the link to Glens donation page https://www.wethegoverned.com/support/

Thank you Glen :idea:

With kind permission.
Glens Letter. 4th July 2019

For brief background, it was a Thurston County Superior Court case (now on appeal to WA State Court of Appeals, Division II)

The listed plaintiffs are some Democrat PCOs, and Brandy Knight (JZ's son). JZ Knight is funding the lawsuit. Two of the listed plaintiffs might be JZ Knight followers - Debra Jacqua, Phylis Ferral, and Sarah Segall. However, I'm not clear on their relationship to JZ Knight. Some of them might have just joined the case because they were angry at me for other things and it was just convenient for JZ Knight to fund it.

As you know, this is the third legal action JZ Knight has engaged in against me. The other two were total failures. The first one was an attempt to force me to reveal who provided me the videos in 2012 - JZ Knight had to pay the Freedom Foundation legal fees in that case, and the multi-hour deposition with me was so useless they didn't even bother to get a copy of the transcript. The Second one was the stupid copyright lawsuit in 2014 when I still worked at the Freedom Foundation. JZ Knight was losing that case miserably, so she dropped it in 2015 before she would lose all copyright protection on everything.

My great crime, this time, was exposing her for being the single largest donor to both Democratic candidates for the Thurston County Commission seats in 2016. She had donated to Jim Cooper and Kelsey Hulse. I exposed this via articles (which they could do nothing about), and during the political campaign, I ran a Political Action Committee which only raised $3,000, so I could do very little at the time to get the word out. I chose to do robocalls because they were cheap and I had little money. Turns out they were very effective, and they really pissed off Ramtha/JZK because I called her out on a number of these calls.

The vendor I used to make the calls represented that they would follow the Federal Laws regarding calls to cell phones (not making them), but instead they called cell phones anyway, and that was the basis for the lawsuit against me. Specially, I was accused of violating the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Normally, this is not really a major deal - maximum fine is $500 for the violations, and the maximum fine they could impose was $6,500.

However, the cult attorneys, Eric Gilman (same one who tried, and fortunately failed,to turn Virginia Coverdale into a permanent indentured servant to JZ Knight) tried something novel and new in the history of Washington State. A year and a half into the stalled lawsuit, they added claims to the case that I simultaneously violated the Washington Consumer Protection Act (WCPA) with the robocalls. Unfortunately, the judge (Judge Carol Murphy) decided to let them get away with this bizarre claim and in violation of all norms of statutory construction, state supreme court precedent, both our state and Federal Constitution, Judge Murphy went with the cult claims and for the first time since this law was passed long ago, it was applied to a political free speech case. Bizarre and unprecedented. I'm not sure if Judge Murphy is a follower of Ramtha or an associate of JZ Knight. It is possible, although it seems like a stretch, however, she was clearly off-base in this case.

Additionally, the judge wouldn't let me conduct discovery on their legal billing claims against me (which they could get with the WCPA claims only), and the cult law firm censored the parts of the billing records which referenced JZ Knight. I found that funny. Michael Wright was in the courtroom directing and supervising Eric Gilman, the attorney on multiple occasions in this case.

Anyway, this meant that I was assigned a total judgment of $121,000 for a stupid robocall case (mostly attorney fees to pay back JZ Knight for her profligate litigation. I wasn't stuck with all the fees, maybe $40-50k were not charged against me, but the rest were. Of course, I didn't have the money.

However, it turns out I have been able to raise the money to cover this stupid judgement much quicker than I expected or anticipated. I am not completely done raising the money yet, but in the last week, I have raised most of it, and I expect to cover the stupid judgment and then focus on winning the appeal. When I prevail eventually, I will get this money back, in theory.

Obviously, the whole sham is just a way for the cult to keep trying to intimidate people who expose the truth about JZ Knight. I don't think they realized I could raise this money and continue to keep pounding away at exposing the truth, but it seems like that is where we are headed.

I'm getting annoyed with this cult leader and I'd like to see her leave our community alone now. I'd rather focus my time exposing corruption in the government, not dealing with a weirdo, scam artist, con-job who is probably entering the Jim Jones phase of her career and the only question is how big the final collapse becomes when she goes out with whatever her version of a bang becomes.

I am in the appeal process of the absurd lower court ruling, but I don't have an assigned date yet for the appeal. This process could take another year or two.

I am in the middle of fundraising to cover the absurd and ridiculous lower court judgement of $121k, and I'm hoping to successfully fundraise for this by the end of the summer, if not sooner. I am about 2/3 of the way there, assuming the likely promises of contributions materialize, and many have so far. I am annoyed at the absurdity of it all, but plan to do many full exposures of the weirdos and players in this pathetic little local drama (including the judge, who does not deserve to be in that position any longer). If you know anyone with deep pockets who is willing to support me behind the scenes, that would be great. Otherwise, just share the truth widely, my friend, and eventually, I believe, the truth will set us all free….

Glen

helpful reference:

Mark Vicente What Is Cult Hopping? How People Leave One Group and End Up In Another – Rolling Stone May 23, 2019 4:24PM ET
https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/cu ... os-838750/

'NXIVM is a litigation machine' - Times Union
https://www.timesunion.com/local/articl ... 334301.php

https://www.wethegoverned.com/politicia ... ht-ramtha/

The Cult, the Witch, and the Disbarred Attorney - Olympian Chronicles and the Democrat Dream Team | We the Governed
https://www.wethegoverned.com/the-cult- ... ream-team/

Lawsuit between the Freedom Foundation and JZK, Inc. has been dismissed - (EMF)
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2629&p=18867#p18867

Mark Vicente RSE - NXIVM' (ESP) - (EMF)
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=1016&p=19260#p19260

Ramtha, New Age Cult Leader, Unleashes Drunken, Racist, Homophobic Rants to Large Following – Alternet.org
https://www.alternet.org/2014/06/ramtha ... following/

Sexual and Psychological assaults by JZ Knight-Ramtha - (EMF)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1211&p=9308&hilit= ... buse#p9308

7 Signs You're Dealing With a Psychopath - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq9SJIGmqyQ
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Xylofone

Re: JZ Knight vs Glen Morgan - RSE - NXIVM - Litigation Machines - Glens letter

Unread post by Xylofone »

Wow. This is absurd!!!

RSE needs to be shut down and she needs to find something else to do with her time.
What a waste of time, energy, and money.
Kudos to Glen for fighting her insane accusations. It's VERY clear she only wants to shut people down and has no legal ground for her lawsuits.
Her students support her in these actions because she tells a very different story through the "mouth" of the "great hierophant" so they don't see the truth.

This woman needs to start losing her legal battles against innocent people NOW.

I can only hope that some kind of trial will take place in the future like it did with Rainiere to truly expose her and her insidious school and shut them down forever. If he got taken down, there's no way she can hide forever. She may have 40 something years of success hiding behind her money, but all good things must come to an end, and it's time for her to be told by the courts that her fantasy days are over.
Ockham

Re: JZ Knight vs Glen Morgan - RSE - NXIVM - Litigation Machines - Glen Morgans EMF letter

Unread post by Ockham »

That’s an interesting twist. Judy Knight’s usual tactic of choice is the SLAPP - strategic law suit against public participation. https://www.rcfp.org/resources/anti-slapp-laws/ RSE is pretty much a text book example of using SLAPPs to silence whistle blowers via claims of intellectual property infringement. I believe US state and federal courts have soured of SLAPPs, and SLAPPs perhaps are not as likely to favor the plaintiff they once were. Depending on the venue, there may be anti-SLAPP laws.

RSE unfortunately is in the more favorable position as a litigator. RSE has deep financial resources that allow RSE to out-last a smaller opponent in protracted, perhaps meritless, court fights. We saw that strategy when RSE went after the Freedom Foundation. It wouldn’t surprise me to learn RSE believed from the get-go that it would not prevail in its suit, however RSE knew it could waste the time and money of its opponent and hurt the opponent more than RSE hurt itself financially.

The robocall suit is a new approach: find an opening to make a complaint against the opponent, then recruit allegedly aggrieved third parties willing to join in the suit. $121,000 or even the reduced $50,000 in legal fees judgement against Glen Morgan? Seriously? Man that must be some seriously gold plated attorneys the aggrieved parties hired. That’s like 200 to 480 hours of legal fees at US $250 per hour. How could the court award recovery of fees to the plaintiffs if bills were redacted? Weird. I would tend to agree with Glens assessment that it was a Ramtha-friendly court.

My personal inclination would be to go after RSE on environmental issues. There is a creek that runs through Judy Knight’s property and there might be ways to go after RSE on watershed and other environmental concerns on the property. The problem though it again an issue of who has the deep pockets. It is an asymmetrical battle because RSE can afford to bleed more money than most opponents through the litigation process, even if the opponents ultimately prevail.
journeythroughramthaland

Re: JZ Knight vs Glen Morgan - RSE - NXIVM - Litigation Machines - Glen Morgans EMF letter

Unread post by journeythroughramthaland »

My personal inclination would be to go after RSE on environmental issues. There is a creek that runs through Judy Knight’s property and there might be ways to go after RSE on watershed and other environmental concerns on the property. The problem though it again an issue of who has the deep pockets. It is an asymmetrical battle because RSE can afford to bleed more money than most opponents through the litigation process, even if the opponents ultimately prevail.

I believe you are correct here Ockham. About 10 years ago, I did some digging into her permit applications. I did so because I didn't see how environmental regulations would allow her to have all the parked vehicles within a couple of hundred feet from the stream. My Memory is foggy, and I have all the copies hard copied but they are not really accessible as they are in LA and I have been in NY. Even if I was in LA, It would take a lot of time and effort to dig them all out again. It would be easier just to do a FOIL request again.

I remember having trouble finding the correct agency to bring it too, each one seemed to pass it on to the other. I also wonder if there have been any recent anti -smoking laws, or if she even does that crap any more. I would do some digging now, but I am in the midst of reading so much Goobeldy-gook in order to keep a suit I have going that coincidentally has some environmental aspects to it that I can not take it on, but thanks for reminding me, it will be on my list!!
"I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an education."
-William Mizner
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Hi JTR, everyone..
JTR.
I believe you are correct here Ockham. About 10 years ago, I did some digging into her permit applications. I did so because I didn't see how environmental regulations would allow her to have all the parked vehicles within a couple of hundred feet from the stream.
this may help...Regarding Thompson Creek + The RSE Special Use Permit) SUP-95-007
See
RSE (Special Use Permit) SUP-95-007 Feb 1998 - (EMF)
8. Thompson Creek, which runs through the western portion of the property, is a seasonal
stream that historically floods during heavy rain events. The stream is classified as a
Type 3 stream, and designated a critical area, but is not subject to shoreline regulations. On the stream, there are two existing permitted vehicular creek crossings, and, livestock presently access the stream. Exhibit 1; Exhibit 1f; Exhibit 1m; Testimony of Ms.
Livingston; Testimony of Mr. Garmann.

Here....RSE (Special Use Permit) SUP-95-007 Feb 1998 - (EMF)
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1836&p=14331&hilit=creek#p14331
RSE (Special Use Permit) SUP-95-007 Feb 1998 - (EMF).
To summarize the County RSE business license/permit NO. SUP-95-007.
In 1998, Thurston County issued JZ Knight a Two Year Temporary use Permit -SUP-95-007-, that granted Knight to operate RSE, Inc as a 'Fraternity'
All other permits/inspections rest upon the foundation of this SUP that lapsed in February 2000.
These stipulations were never started nor completed, The key SUP requirement was for JZ Knight to
to enlarge an existing arena from approximately 20,000 square feet to approximately 47,000 square feet.
The expansion will double the arena's capacity from 999 to 2,000 participants.
Exhibit 1; Exhibit 1l; Testimony of Mr. Schubart
nor was the permit renewed after it lapsed in 2000.

Here....RSE (Special Use Permit) SUP-95-007 Feb 1998 - (EMF)
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1836&p=14331&hilit=creek#p14331

Related:
RSE special use permit expired Feb 2 2000 - (EMF)
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1586&p=14091&hilit ... eek#p14091

Thompson Creek - Nissqually Valley News - Court rules JZ Knight had standing to oppose subdivisions - (EMF)
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1535&p=12218#p12218

Conspiracy theory fuel - Yelm water spat and Sally Paulsen - (EMF)
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1360&p=10662&hilit ... eek#p10662
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....

Return to “LEGAL ISSUES - RSE Litigation Machine - NDAs - COPs - RSE Music Copyright Infringments”