SFGATE - Ramtha changes channels, but he's up to his old tricks - JZK Ramtha Assaults

This forum will list the news articles relative to the topic of RSE, directly or indirectly.
Fighter

SFGATE - Ramtha changes channels, but he's up to his old tricks - JZK Ramtha Assaults

Unread post by Fighter »

This is an old but great article a friend of mine found for me.
https://m.sfgate.com/living/article/Ram ... 883504.php
Ramtha changes channels, but he's up to his old tricks
Don Lattin | on September 2, 2001
2001-09-02 04:00:00 PDT Santa Barbara -- Ramtha, the 35,000-year-old warrior from the lost continent of Lemuria, was not in a good mood.

Borrowing the physical body of spirit channeler J. Z. Knight, he surveyed the small crowd of around 100 people in the large, mostly empty meeting room at Fess Parker's Doubletree Resort in Santa Barbara.

Ramtha did not like what he saw, or maybe he was just projecting.

"Do you feel embarrassed that there are not 10,000 people here? Don't worry, " he said, filling his golden goblet with red wine. "This is about to take off again -- like a firestorm."

J. Z. chose this palatial beachfront resort to roll out Ramtha Redux, an obscenity-spewing prophet who went into hibernation for most of the 1990s at his School of Enlightenment in Yelm, Wash.

Back in his glory years, Knight and Ramtha came to represent all that was wacky and weird about New Age spirituality on the Left Coast.

Knight, a Seattle businesswoman and cable TV entrepreneur, says Ramtha first appeared in her Tacoma kitchen on a Sunday afternoon in 1977. By the end of 1978, Knight says she learned to channel the spirit of the 7-foot-tall warrior.

His "timeless wisdom" was embraced by actress Shirley MacLaine and "Dynasty" diva Linda Evans, rapturing Ramtha into celebrity heaven, and making Knight one of the best known and wealthiest spirit mediums of the '80s.

Ramtha's basic message is a kind of neo-gnosticism: the idea that the physical world is an illusion and that enlightenment is achieved through various esoteric teachings and spiritual practices.

He never misses a chance to put down organized religion, or the warm and fuzzy feel of many "New Age" gatherings. His three-hour monologue -- frequently punctuated with loud breaks of classic '60s rock 'n' roll -- blends the irreverent wisdom of Lenny Bruce with the you-go-girl cheerleading of the "Oprah Winfrey Show."

Plastic glasses of red wine are offered to the audience, who are instructed not to slowly sip, but to gulp it down. This gives his workshops a well- lubricated feel -- more party than prayer.

Two glasses of burgundy are included in the $395 weekend workshop. Not included are meals and housing, which costs $365 a night at the Doubletree Resort.

When channeling Ramtha, J. Z. affects a bad English accent, and it only gets worse as she drinks more red wine from the golden goblet.

"Jesus said, 'Remember me when you drink this wine.' He was really saying, 'I love it.' Do you think he drank orange juice, apple juice or Evian water? Do you think he strained celery and drank it, and said, 'Behold. Remember me as celery?' That's not nearly as dashing and as wonderful as what he was saying," Ramtha said.

"Wine is a magic elixir that drops the veil of hypocrisy by ceasing time in the mind. When time stops, truth emerges. No wonder Jesus loved it."

Ramtha likes to wear baseball caps and torn blue jeans. At the Doubletree gig, the buttons of his black coat were straining around some extra pounds that have been put onto the physical body of his longtime channeler.

But J. Z.'s added girth doesn't bother Ramtha, who encourages women to throw off the shackles of oppressive patriarchy.

"What do all world religions have in common? The suppression of women," he told the Santa Barbara crowd, where women outnumbered men by 5-to-1. "No woman who had an abortion has sinned against God. F -- all those a -- who tell you that."

It's not surprising that many of his students are women with memories of abusive fathers, bad husbands and oppressive churches. Hundreds of them have moved to the Pacific Northwest from across America to sit at the feet of Ramtha.

One of his most famous female followers is actress Evans, who was sitting in the front row when Ramtha marched into the hotel ballroom on Friday night.

Evans, now 56, is best known for her starring comeback role in "Dynasty," the popular '80s TV show. She first hit the big time back in 1965 on the TV series "Big Valley."

Back in the '60s and early '70s, Evans was married to John Derek, who dumped her for a younger woman named "Bo." After another failed marriage to Hollywood playboy and real estate magnet Stan Herman, Evans discovered Ramtha.

Evans grew up in a family of alcoholics. After "Dynasty," she gave up on Hollywood and moved to Washington to be close to Ramtha. She has been going to the School of Enlightenment for 16 years, and says it has changed her life.

"Me," she says. "In my mind. In my brain. Me. It's like a totally different person in there."

We're sitting on a little patio outside the Doubletree Hotel. It's Saturday morning, and another teacher, Joe Dispenza, is giving the students a lecture on brain chemistry, titled "Molecules of Emotion." Ramtha is long gone. He was supposed to appear again on Saturday night, but changed his mind and didn't show up.

Ramtha calls Evans "Star Lady." During his rant the night before, he spent half an hour ridiculing the "Dynasty" star for all the plastic surgery she had back in the '80s.

Evans is hardly recognizable from her "Dynasty" days. She's wearing no make- up, and like Ramtha, she is wearing blue jeans and a baseball cap.

But the former TV star does look happy, and doesn't mind being the focus of Ramtha's wrath.

"When I left during the break last night, I felt really light," Evans said on Saturday. "It was all out on the table. When he says things like, 'Let's talk about you and your face job, Star Lady. Do people think you really look like that?' he's trying to get at our secrets. After that, I didn't have to protect anything."

Why get upset, Evans says, when you know you are God.

"All my life I looked outside of me to be loved and accepted," she said. "Then I finally heard that I was God. He is within me."

Can I just tell you what I get out of the bottom portion of this article? Evans is in an abusive relationship with JZK. Ramtha spouting obscenities about her, bullying her, and she just takes it. Instead of learning to have self-confidence, to practice assertiveness, she learns that this sort of environment is "okay". In the sense of, of course everyone knows it's not okay, but like in any abusive relationship, "you remember all the good times" and you're stuck with that.

And for outside readers out there reading this, this isn't unique. Ramtha will call everyone "Master", groom them, and then bring them down after. Over and over. How on Earth is this healthy? It's not! It's abusive.

Also...
"oppressive patriarchy"
HA!
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: SFGATE - Ramtha changes channels, JZK Ramtha Assaults

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Thank you Fighter... :idea:
Fighter.
And for outside readers out there reading this, this isn't unique. Ramtha will call everyone "Master", groom them, and then bring them down after. Over and over. How on Earth is this healthy? It's not! It's abusive.
Hence all those RSE lawsuits to stop the public seeing first hand the awful abuse that goes on at RSE... in the name of 'enlightenment'.
Several of those RSE (copyrighted)live stream videos clearly shows a drunk foul mouthed yob 'JZKRamtha' abusing Linda Evans 'Ladystar'.
This 'Ramtha' abuse has been going on at RSE for a very long time...
1994, my friend (Jane W) came home from an event telling me that 'Ramtha' had slapped her hard across the face several times!
She was elated that 'Ramtha' had given her special attention. :sad:
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
Fighter

Re: SFGATE - Ramtha changes channels, Re: SFGATE - Ramtha changes channels, JZK Ramtha Assaults

Unread post by Fighter »

Wow! Such tragedy that such things like this become an elation rather than alarm. Of course it is not like anyone but the abuser is to blame.

Think of this for example. In a normal relationship, the victim technically "enables" the abuser by allowing them to be harmed, but in this case, the victim believes this abuser is a god! How could they raise a hand on a god? You would die! What a truly evil way to make sure you are in control, always, and if anything ever becomes out of your control, you use your "god" powers to make sure complete control comes back to you. Sick!
Xylofone

Re: SFGATE - Ramtha changes channels, but he's up to his old tricks

Unread post by Xylofone »

Wow. That's crazy that she slapped people across the face and they were happy to have that experience.

I'm remembering what a former friend of mine said to me about her great hierophant master teacher never being hard on her like he was on others, and she was so distraught because she thought he didn't love her or she wasn't worthy of being a student if she didn't get the brunt of his wrath like everyone else. She wanted him to be hard on her and he never was. It still bothers her to this day after 40 years... or at least as of a few years ago when we last spoke.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: SFGATE - Ramtha changes channels, Re: SFGATE - Ramtha changes channels, JZK Ramtha Assaults

Xylofone.
Wow. That's crazy that she slapped people across the face and they were happy to have that experience.
Let me explain a little about Jane and how she 'rationalized' the assault..We were close friends.
Jane had moved to Yelm from Canada, Attending RSE was a top priority even though it was a massive struggle to survive in Yelm.
Her mother also moved to Yelm, they shared a mobile home with Jane's two boys. They were a beautiful family.
Jane worked cleaning houses and home care for cash. Life was a struggle.
It was Jane's big RSE event,somehow she got a space close to the stage.
Thinking as we all did...this was a wonderful 'manifestation' to be so close to the 'Ram'.
She described how they were all blowing like crazy, (C&E) music blasting "Ramtha" yelling "Breathe... Breathe... Breathe"..You can do it...Yeaaaa..ETC..during the session Jane felt a painful slap across her face, but just like everyone ..she wore blinflonds, thinking it was a accident so carried on blowing..music pumping..'JZKRamtha' shouting.... "focus.... focus..... focus"...then whack!she is stunned and enraged..JZKRamtha..shouting.."Focus Master Focus Focus...." but she sits in shock..then again whack..this time she rips off her blinders preparing to fight off her attacker..but shocked to see "JZKRamtha" staring back!
Jane rationalized that "Ramtha" had just given her a powerful lesson on defending herself! :cry:
Makes me wonder how many 'masters' have been physically assaulted by "Ramtha" the enlightened one?
Jane eventually moved back to Canada with her boys.
Xylofone

Wow. There is always a way to rationalize anything. But that's what you're trained to do - master knows best! Anything master does is a lesson! A great runner!

I've heard of three people being slapped so far.

When she crosses the wrong person, they'll spill their guts. I can't imagine anyone will carry on defending her deceitful legacy after she dies (except for Mike Wright of course). Nobody can get away with what she's doing forever. Even Scientology is being brought down in the public view. It took years, but it is happening. She cannot continue for long without consequences.

I don't understand why people in her town don't seem to care about the school being there anymore. Did she pay off the churches, too? :roll: :roll: :evil:
David McCarthy
Site Admin

by msdblue » Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:16 pm.
David I was at the event where a woman was slapped repeatedly by jz and I Remember it vividly because it was the only time I left an event before it ended. I didn't know the woman but it sounds like it may have been Megan's sister.
I am not sure what exactly happened but Linda told me she confronted JZ in front of the group. JZ slapped Linda.
Lynda had become very close with J.Z and even went to her mansion for Christmas.
by Whatchamacallit » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:04 pm .
What I do know, and am very clear about, is "L" being slapped with enough force that it rotated her head/face. Not every time, but it did occur. Further, I remember hearing JZR saying to her things such as, "TELL HIM!!!!", "Admit it!" and after then progressing to hitting her in the stomach, multiple times...I would say at least a half dozen times, easily, she finally confessed that she had taken drugs to suppress her appetite, not drugs to heal the pain of a migraine headache. Now, I haven't a clue if she confessed to stop the abuse and humiliation, or if she was telling the truth. I remember thinking...yikes...that woman is so thin already and 'he's' hitting her in the stomach !
Her name was Linda Welton. She committed suicide.

Here. My sister killed herself after leaving this cult in 2006. (EMF)
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=711&p=15445&hilit=slapped#p15445

Related:
by Vanilla » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:10 pm.
My friend Greg Hale, just committed suicide a few weeks ago. He was at a Ramtha Feast like a week before.
I was told Ram said some of you at this table will die.
Xylofone

Re: SFGATE - Ramtha changes channels, but he's up to his old tricks - JZK Ramtha Assaults

:!: :!: :!: :-?

That's horrible... just disgusting.

OK now I'm remembering a time when "Ramtha" was really laying into Steve Klein about something I don't remember what, but "he" was giving it to him HARD. Trying to get him to admit to something, and he was in tears and he wouldn't admit it. Finally, "Ramtha" smiled and looked at him and congratulated him for standing up to the test of truth or something like that... apparently because "he" couldn't get Steve to admit to whatever it was, the situation was twisted around as if it was just a test to see if he would stand up for himself. He was congratulated for having the guts to stand up for himself to his master teacher.

I wonder if anyone remembers that.
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Re: SFGATE - Ramtha changes channels, but he's up to his old tricks - JZK Ramtha Assaults

"Xylofone.
the situation was twisted around as if it was just a test to see if he would stand up for himself. He was congratulated for having the guts to stand up for himself to his master teacher."
psychopathy 101.. always three steps ahead of their prey.
The question begs..how can this go on and on, who witnessed this abuse? who did nothing to stop it?
Did it really happen? after all "Ramtha" is a spiritual teacher!....and so it goes.
At RSE events when most physical abuses occur everyone is either blind-folded or blind-drunk...the perfect cult ritual abuse environment.
The RSE indoctrinated believe..
JZKRamtha.
And no one is a victim of anyone else's will or designs.
At VXVIUM it was called “collateral” —
nude photos and other embarrassing material that female members of an upstate New York self-improvement group turned over to their “masters” to ensure obedience, silence and sexual fealty to the organization’s spiritual leader Keith Raniere .
At RSE its called "Truth Teaching's" where members confessed to the organization’s spiritual leader "Ramtha" often while drunk.
and so it goes on and on...
Until ... one fine morn the FBI come a knocking...

David

Related:
“Ritual Abuse, Cults and Captivity
repeated abuse over an extended period of time. The physical abuse is severe, sometimes including torture and killing. The sexual abuse is usually painful, humiliating, intended as a means of gaining dominance over the victim. The psychological abuse is devastating and involves the use of ritual indoctrination. It includes mind control techniques which convey to the victim a profound terror of the cult members…most victims are in a state of terror, mind control and dissociation.”
| Psychology Today
https://www.psychologytoday.com/intl/bl ... -captivity

Return to “News Articles”