On Being "Special"

How is life after RSE? What negative effects are you dealing with? How has it affected loved ones? What has helped you towards healing and moving on? Share with others here.
Wakeup-Call

On Being "Special"

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

Something I've been contemplating for myself is what made Ramtha and RSE so attractive to me in the first place... because I would really like to not repeat this life decision! :shock:

A part of it was being "special" - the "radical few."

Just curious if anyone else has thoughts about the human desire to be uniquely special and defining that by something external to ourselves.
tree

Unread post by tree »

Something I've been contemplating for myself is what made Ramtha and RSE so attractive to me in the first place... because I would really like to not repeat this life decision!

A part of it was being "special" - the "radical few."
This was a MAJOR hook for me.
Here you have an audience of nearly all "black sheep" coming together to be the radical few.
Wow.
Nice lure.
G2G

Unread post by G2G »

It is SO sinister, in that manner. In my own experience, I didn't feel "special" in an arrogant or "I'm better than the other villager" perspective. However, what was felt was I was part of something lost, something sacred and not to be shared with those who would use what they were to learn for harm. What a charade and wishful thinking.

Then once I was further along after many events in less than a year, the red flags began to add up and my instincts were screaming that something was terribly amiss at the place. Trusting oneself instead of another seemed to serve me well in the past and that was what led to my awakening. Not living in Yelm, my investment was much less than those who had left family, homes and jobs at home. What was lost was time never to be shared again with loved ones who passed on shortly after. There I was, believing in desperation I was learning the secrets to the biblical "healing" we were taught we could do as stated in many religions, etc., employing the methods taught by RSE. All that time, never to be with loved ones who simply wanted and needed me, and not some "wizard."

Trust your own intuition.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
"I never really understood religion - it just seemed a good excuse to give" - Ten Years After circa 1972
Marie

Unread post by Marie »

I love this "special" topic because it all makes so much sense to me......being the "special" person that I am...[ahem]...:-)

My brief thoughts / opinions on this subject:

1. Feeling special is actually an old surivival skill / instinct -- the more special one is, the closer to the leader of the pack, the more food and love one will get and the more taken care of one will be, much like the pack instinct in dogs... Being number one dog insures survival.

2. There isn't an alcoholic alive who doesn't feel special on one end of the spectrum or the other and usually both, at different times, ie, "I have the WORST story of anyone here, I am the BIGGEST loser, my family is the MOST dysfunctional" etc.. or "I am SO MUCH BETTER than the rest of these losers here, I don't drink LIKE THAT, I am TOO SMART to let it happen to ME".... You're either the worst, or the best, but special nonetheless....:-)....

3. Feeling "special" tends to isolate us and provide reasons and rationals for behavior that is not healthy but that we want to do.

I don't mean to keep harping on the alcoholism analogies, but it is pretty much understood that JZ is an alcoholic, has come from a family of alcoholics and encourages her students to drink alcoholically... So there is much much similarities in rse and alcoholic behavior, I just use it to illustrate points... .. I know it's probably an ego deflator to accept that as ex student, one is "no better" than the average drunk at an aa meeting, but really, try to see the positive in that, and know that it is a COMFORT that you are truly just human.

Know that when you are feeling "special" on either end of the spectrum, that getting back to somewhere "in the middle" is where you want to be.
Wakeup-Call

Unread post by Wakeup-Call »

I appreciate everyone's thoughts here. Thank you.

Yep - the "radical few" - a great hook. And it's combined with telling people that when they stick around RSE, it's because they've past the test of adversity Ramtha setup for them and that they are the ones who conquered doubt. Still don't have fabulous wealth or walk on water, but that's ok. They still have Ramtha.

Marie - very good point about the alcoholism! As I'm coming out of the fog, one of my contemplations now is going back through my memory banks of events and replaying them in mind...this time watching as though this is JZ acting out behaviours forbidden by her religious upbringing. For example: dancing, drinking, smoking, swearing, questioning the inconsistencies in the Bible, expressing any masculine qualities whatsoever, homosexual curiousity, discussing sexuality at all, being the final authority (as a woman)...

This weekend I had something of an "oh my god..." moment as I looked at the 10 years of teachings I sat through from that point of view - assume JZ is acting out what was suppressed and unacceptable for her in her formative years. The character of Ramtha makes it "ok" for her to explore. That's just one interpretation...but when I think of it that way, well I put my hand on my head and wonder what the heck I was thinking...

Better late than never.
tree

Unread post by tree »

And it's combined with telling people that when they stick around RSE, it's because they've passed the test of adversity Ramtha setup for them and that they are the ones who conquered doubt.
I see this as a CONTINUAL hook for current students, especially when a few of us are so blantanly out of the group.
Those still in, do not have doubt (which, I highly doubt on a personal level. When several high profile people leave a group,
each person in that group is going to be teetering on that teeter totter of what jzr calls "doubt" but in reality, it is critical thinking
gone awry). Which makes them cling even MORE to the cause and the teacher at hand.
Poor blokes. I really do have compassion for them.

Return to “Leaving RSE: The Aftermath”