JZ competitor from the past

Educate yourself. Videos - Interviews - We address the topic of RSE, Cults and Recovery.
Open for discussion and exchange of views.
Robair

JZ competitor from the past

Unread post by Robair »

Hello Everyone

While cleaning the garage of our old house (the renter need more room) we fond an forgotten box with old VHS tapes of What Her Face from 1985.
Took them back here and I am in the process of copying them on a DVD.
In that box I fond also a funny video From one of What Her Face competitor during that era by the name of Lazris. Did a search on the net an he still around.
Here he is on Merv Griffin show.
It does not get any better then that. :lol: :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXpYUbb9QUo
Oldone
joe sz

Unread post by joe sz »

oldone

Jach Pursell as Lazaris [accent: la-ZAR-is] was managed by his "wife" Peny and her partner. The last I checked ten years ago they all lived in a $30 million complex [Jach by himself] in FL. Lazaris has been far far more successful in the channeling market than ramtha. btw, Lazaris is not an individual spook like Ramtha---Lazaris is a group of metaphysical energies.

http://www.religionnewsblog.com/5585/ja ... den-empire

Joe
Robair

Hello Everyone

Unread post by Robair »

Hello

Thank you Joe, and me who thought HE was imitating JZ,WOW it is the other way around :lol: I was surprise when I Googled Lazaris to find out he was still around, the VHS I have was taped in a private house,I don't remember when an where I got it,(memory is the second thing to go you known) I guessing before 1990.
When I think nothing will suprise me anymore something does :eek: :-)

Oldone
CosmicKatie

Unread post by CosmicKatie »

I'm Katie from the Cosmic Fool message board, my husband Ted and I were quoted in the linked article. That's the equivalent of this board for the "Lazaris" crowd: www.cosmicfool.com

I'm not sure, but I do think that JZ Knight was around before Liezaris was. Ted remembered that the story goes that Jachass Pursel, the alleged "channel" first encountered the orb known as "Lazaris' in 1974, but that doesn't mean anything. The significant date would be when the Jachass went public with the scam, and that I'm not sure of. We now know that the whole story is a fraud, so any dates provided that can't be tied to documented events must be disregarded. I'll scout around to see if I can figure it out, since it seems to be a topic of interest to some.

I do recall the story that the Con:Scam got a lot of new followers after some big exodus from JZ after some devotees caught her honing her Ramtha act, but I have no idea how accurate that story is. Here's the source: http://home.dejazzd.com/jszimhart/ramtha.htm I think a crop of these "channels" all popped up at around the same time, in the late 70's and early 80's, just as we boomers started qualifying for credit cards
:lol: I also blame Shirley Maclaine for promoting the concept as though she knew what she was talking about.

I don't think it's true that the aforementioned Florida property was or is worth $30 million. When Peny died in 2001, her assets totalled closer to 3 million, if I'm not mistaken, and she owned an equal third of the enterprise along with her two husbands, Jachass and Michaell North. They did quite well, but never quite as well as they liked to pretend. Land in Florida was cheap back when they bought their compound, don't forget.

I do know it's true that due to the publication of the horrific details of Peny's death by overdose of Skye Vodka and Tylenol with Codeine cocktail due to the fact that she was rotting to death under Jachass's watchful eyes and Michaell's resultant suicide later the same day, the value of the Liezaris scam decreased dramatically. It's a taboo topic to discuss, so no new members can come onboard who express any curiosity in that direction, or about any of the other countless taboo topics that faithful Con:Scammers are forbidden to even think about. I can't imagine that very many credible folks are streaming in droves to that nasty but exposed cult these days, but then again, you never know!

What I do know is that sites like this one, the Cosmic Fool and others that have the courage and willingness to open the floodgates of free thought and information are more precious and valuable than we might think. From them we learn that being scammed is not unusual or shameful, among other invaluable lessons about the processes and techniques by which we are influenced and indoctrinated by unethical means, groups, and individuals.

It's true that there is big money to be made by self-promotion, exploitation, and undue influence, but it's also true that it doesn't take genius, but only contempt. It's sad to realize that there will always be folks who fall for these scams, but for most of us, it's a lesson learned, and we can walk away into freedom. For the scammers, it's a life sentence, they can't walk away from themselves and what they've done. I think there's some kind of karmic justice in that!
David McCarthy
Site Admin

Unread post by David McCarthy »

Hi Katie,

A big welcome to EMF, and a huge thank you to you, Ted, and your team for reaching out through your website www.cosmicfool.com
In fact..your website was a great inspiration for us to create EMF.
We must owe you a fortune in royalties by now?
Chuckle?
I also blame Shirley Maclaine for promoting the concept as though she knew what she was talking about.
I totally agree.
Just last year I met a Las Vegas show producer who told me he knew Shirley personally to speak to.
I ask him to relay a message and some questions to Shirley.......
such as:
Does she really understand or cared that "Ramtha" had morphed into a destructive CULT since her involvement back in the eighties?.
Did she realize just how many lives have been ruined and destroyed by JZ Knights Ramtha show?

I wonder if people like Shirley Maclaine are so caught up in their show business image if they really give a damn.
What I do know is that sites like this one, the Cosmic Fool and others that have the courage and willingness to open the floodgates of free thought and information are more precious and valuable than we might think. From them we learn that being scammed is not unusual or shameful, among other invaluable lessons about the processes and techniques by which we are influenced and indoctrinated by unethical means, groups, and individuals.

It's true that there is big money to be made by self-promotion, exploitation, and undue influence, but it's also true that it doesn't take genius, but only contempt. It's sad to realize that there will always be folks who fall for these scams, but for most of us, it's a lesson learned, and we can walk away into freedom. For the scammers, it's a life sentence, they can't walk away from themselves and what they've done. I think there's some kind of karmic justice in that!
Your clear voice of reason is so welcome Katie,
I have no doubt that our voices we will be heard over the bellowing of "sacred cows"...;-)

David.
But he has nothing on at all, cried at last the whole people....
QuestionGirl

Hi Kate

Unread post by QuestionGirl »

Hi Kate -- I just wanted to let you know I love the line you wrote below! I look forward to reading your www.cosmicfool.com website. I love getting to know people who are trying to help others in a good way!
CosmicKatie

Hi David and Question Girl,

Sorry I've been so long in responding. "Real life" has a way of getting in the way of my cyber-existence!

I'm glad you liked the line, QG! I'm full of them (and a few other things) actually :lol: , after so many years of thinking and writing about destructive cults and the damage they do. For me, this is probably one of the most important topics we could be discussing right now. So many people, most people, in fact, are 150% resistant to the notion that they are in any way susceptible to undue influence, mind control, unethical persuasion, or whatever we like to call it, but in fact, we are all victims AND perpetrators of all of those ourselves. It's a cultural reality that needs to be acknowledged and addressed, because freedom of thought is the only way any of us can be completely free and responsible for ourselves and our impact on the world around us. Most of us got into our various groups out of a desire to improve ourselves, yet here we are, some of us, left with the need to continue to lie and deceive in order to avoid actually being culpable for some truly idiotic beliefs and the questionable behaviors that they inspire, simply because we'd rather cherry pick through these teachings than discount them completely as the polluted and toxic scams they really are. As they say, even broken clocks are right twice a day, so so what if there's a tidbit of truth here or there amongst the garbage? It's still garbage, and it still stinks to high heaven. Its really not until we can face the full truth of the matter, that no belief, no matter how cherished, that can't be proved is a fact, and that acting on false information and hypotheses as though they are hard core truths is just another way of being completely dishonest and irresponsible, not to mention gullible and vulnerable.

David, I have to return your thanks with kudos of my own for the work you're doing here. Cosmic Fool was also inspired by other cult expose sites that I'd found when trying to come to grips with the sudden realization that the whole Liezaris bit was just a big nasty scam. It really helps to know that others are out there, dealing with the same kind of emotions and puzzles that come up for us when the lights come on and we begin to see the full picture of what we've been involved with.

Although I am so over the whole Liezaris deal that it rarely comes to mind these days, I feel that I've only just begun to address my desire and even my need to continue to discuss the topic of mind control and abuse in general by these types of scam artists who have brought us this "new age" of religious/spiritual/political indoctrination. I think it's time for those of us who are so inclined to begin to discuss collaborating on a more far reaching project than just our own particular cult experiences, valuable and vital as they are to discuss and ponder. I think it's time to start trying to tie these groups and experiences together under one banner. I say that because without fail, each of these sites is populated by some folks who just can't bring themselves to shake free of the actual indoctrination into false beliefs. They will happily dump the leaders or "messengers" but not the philosophies and dogma they've become so attached to, and that's what is so incredibly destructive, imo. It isn't healthy or productive to believe in the kind of airy-fairy, pie-in-the-sky escapism, denial, and avoidance these slimy characters are peddling. It's all wishful thinking that appeals to many on a very bad level, that place where the notion that we can somehow magically avoid responsibility and escape from actuality while making ourselves feel better, more special and important than everyone else is a really deadly one, for both individuals and society in general. I mean, let's face it, how far off are some of the more rabid followers and True Believers from the fundamentalist movements that bring us international terrorism? The process of indoctrination is identical, proving that we humans can be worked up into no end of fanatical and dangerous behavior by anyone who puts their mind to inciting it. And how many who become disillusioned with one destructive group just blame the leaders and move onto yet another, and another and another after that, after refusing to acknowledge the destructive nature of the entire belief system that they all have in common?

Also, as I'm sure you know, David, there is a certain amount of risk involved for each of us who has taken the leap into public criticism of these lowlifes. Perhaps there would be some value in forming an alliance as a way of strengthening our positions against those who respond to us with vicious intent and malice?

Anyway, here I am with a rare spare moment, so I wanted to respond and put my thoughts our there. David, if you or anyone reading here is interested in discussing the possibility of some sort of collaborative effort, I have a lot of ideas, a fair number of resources, and some time available to do so, please just let me know!

No matter what, I'm really delighted to have found this wonderful site, dedicated to freedom of mind and thought, so I celebrate all of you who contribute!
Robair

Hello Katie

Unread post by Robair »

Hello Katie
Great to hear from you again.
Your Idea about,collaborative effort,would be in my opinion the next of evolution in our journey against,those disguised preditors.

Again great post.
Oldone
I Value Things Not For What They Worth But For What They Represent
CosmicKatie

Hi Oldone,

Thanks for your compliment and your support for my idea about collaborating. I've been extremely busy lately, but I'm trying to get myself on a regular schedule so I can commit the necessary time to getting something going.
I'll be in touch with you and David to see if we can find a good time for further discussion, assuming David is also interested, of course!

It's good to hear from you too! :D

Katie
Robair

Hello again

Unread post by Robair »

Hello Katie
Thank you
I am sure that David will be trill to work with you,an hear everything you have to propose. after all we have the same goal.

I am sure that He will get back to you ASAP.so you two can have a brainstorm an lead the way,I for one will be in the backgroud supporting all effort tord this goal.
Today is a good Day
Oldone
I Value Things Not For What They Worth But For What They Represent

Return to “TV Interviews - Videos -Documentaries - Educate yourself”